1/10 oz 2021 Saint Helena | The Queen's Virtues: Victory | Platinum Coin
On orders over 199.00
The Queen’s Virtues series is a collection of six allegorical personifications of the Virtues of a Queen including Victory, Truth, Charity, Justice, Courage, and Constancy. These six virtues were first represented on the Victoria Memorial in front of Buckingham Palace. The Winged Angel of Victory is featured at the top of the monument that pays homage to the principles founded by Queen Victoria and upheld by Queen Elizabeth II.
- Individual coins ship in a plastic flip sleeve
- Consisting of 1/10 oz 9995 Pure Platinum
- Obverse: Features the effigy of young Queen Elizabeth II designed by Raphael Maklouf along with the year and country of issue, legal tender value, metal weight, and purity
- Reverse: Features the Winged Angel of Victory as the personification of the Virtue of Victory holding one hand in the air with the other grasping a palm branch along with the East India Company mark, and the inscription “VICTORY THROUGH HARMONY”
- This design is the first issue in the Queen’s Virtues series
The tiny, isolated island of Saint Helena is an unlikely candidate as one of the most significant and influential nations in terms of global trade. Yet, when one looks back and examines our collective history, St. Helena repeatedly comes up as an integral component to global trade and commerce. The Island, which spans an area of mere 17 kilometers in length by 10 kilometers in breadth, was seen as an oasis by explorers and conquerors such as the Dutch, Portuguese, and English, all vying for control of the crucial port of call. By 1658 the British claimed the Island for themselves by making it a fortress and a hub for lucrative expeditions to India, China, and the rest of the eastern world. The company reached unprecedented heights of success, accounting for half of the world’s trade, establishing a monopoly in cotton, silk, salt, spices and tea, among many others, contributing to the vast and enormous wealth of the British empire. The Island, which remains a British colony to this day, was a vital component in the rise of the British empire.
Best price guarantee
We'll gladly match the competition
On orders over 199.00
Always 100% insured
Tracking, signature & insurance
on every order