1/2 oz 2017 Canadian Maple Leaves Silver Coin
Buy with Confidence
A unique souvenir to mark Canada's 150th birthday! Order today!
From coinage to Canada's national flag, the maple leaf is woven into the very fabric of this nation's history reaching back to the 1700s. In 1858, when the first pennies were struck for the Province of Canada, maple leaves dominated the design. In 1920, an updated motif reduced the number of leaves from 16 to two; and in 1937, the maple twig you see on this coin made its debut—a bold move when the Dominion of Canada created its own designs to reflect its growing sense of nationhood.
Today, the same design that defined the Canadian penny for over 75 years continues to inspire, five years after its retirement from circulation. This commemorative counterpart is twice the size of the original, and is struck in 99.99% pure silver. It's a timeless keepsake to celebrate Canada's 150th birthday that will shine with pride—today and tomorrow!
Affordable and upscale—a cherished heirloom to last generations! Order today!
- INSPIRED BY CANADA'S ICONIC PENNY BUT ALMOST TWICE THE SIZE AND STRUCK IN PURE SILVER! Royal Canadian Mint engravers meticulously reproduced the iconic design that appeared on the Canadian one-cent coin from 1937 to 2012 (with the exception of the centennial issue in 1967).
- A UNIQUE SOUVENIR TO MARK CANADA'S 150TH BIRTHDAY! Below the leaves is a commemorative text that reads "150 YEARS/ANS," which is unique to your coin.
- UNIQUE COIN FINISH! The finish on your coin combines brilliant and frosted relief over a lined background. No other mint in the world offers coins with this kind of finish.
- PERENNIAL BESTSELLER! One of our best selling coins in 2015 and 2016 and the perfect size and price to start someone's new coin collection!
- LIMITED MINTAGE! Only 35,000 coins available worldwide—a limited and highly collectible keepsake.
- PRESERVES THE RICH HISTORY OF CANADA'S CIRCULATION COINAGE! Your coin shines with national pride and preserves the rich history of Canada's circulation coinage.
- 99.99% PURE SILVER COIN! Your coin has no GST/HST and a limited mintage worldwide.
Design: Royal Canadian Mint engravers meticulously reproduced the iconic design that appeared on the Canadian one-cent coin from 1937 to 2012 (with the exception of the centennial issue in 1967). Originally engraved by G. E. Kruger-Gray, it features a maple twig with two leaves, the larger leaf on the right slightly overlapping the other. Below the leaves is a commemorative text that reads "150 YEARS/ANS," which is unique to this coin.
This coin may not include the box as pictured depending on availability.
We make sure your metals are handled with the utmost care until the moment they reach your hands.
Your order will be packed within 5 business days of cleared payment. Orders with pre-sale items will ship once all items are in-stock.
Free shipping over $299
Orders over $299 ship for free! Orders under $299 ship for only $19.95.
Our trusted carriers
We ship via express courier or Canada Post - all fully insured, tracked and signed. To ensure your complete confidence, every package we ship is fully insured and tracked, with a signature required upon delivery.
Every package we ship is fully insured. This means that you would receive a full refund or exchange in the extremely unlikely event that your package is lost or damaged during transit. Please remember to notify us of damage, tampering, or delivery issues within 24 hours of the signature or delivery date. Failure to notify us within this timeframe may impact our ability to cover your claim.
Up-to-the-minute transparent pricing with no hidden fees
Sell your metals back to us with ease
Tens of millions of dollars of in-stock inventory to fill an order of any size
We bring our heart to every moment of your buying experience
260,000 5-star reviews:
Earned from verified orders placed on our website
Safe & secure payments:
Explore our many easy ways to pay!
Fast secure shipping:
Every shipment is secure, discreet, and fully insured