1/2 oz 2023 Lunar Year of the Rabbit Gold Coin | Royal Canadian Mint
Buy with Confidence
Usher in prosperity and joyful beginnings with this pure gold Year of the Rabbit coin.
This is the second $100 pure gold Lunar Year coin from the Royal Canadian Mint! The noble Rabbit is a symbol of longevity, abundance and prosperity. People born in the Year of the Rabbit are kind, creative, sociable and peaceful; yet, behind that gentle smile lies great strength and a readiness to take swift action. The Rabbit is known for its attention to detail, and in a year associated with the Water element, it has the added ability to adapt to different situations in order to obtain the best possible outcome.
Celebrate new beginnings in the Year of the Rabbit (2023) with this $100 pure gold Lunar New Year keepsake.
- Second $100 pure gold lunar coin. Celebrate the Year of the Rabbit (2023) with the second coin in an annual series that honours the 12 signs of the Chinese zodiac.
- A golden keepsake. A magnificent addition to any Lunar New Year or gold-themed collection, this coin is also the ideal piece to mark a major milestone this year, whether it’s a graduation, wedding or the arrival of a new family member born between January 22, 2023 and February 9, 2024.
- Exclusive mintage. A highly collectible coin, only 1,888 have been minted and are available to collectors worldwide.
- Includes serialized certificate. The Royal Canadian Mint certifies all of its collector coins.
- Your lucky rabbit - These coins feature an intricate design filled with auspicious symbols to attract good fortune in 2023 and honours those born in the Year of the Rabbit: 1927, 1939, 1951, 1963, 1975, 1987, 1999, 2011 and 2023.
- NO GST/HST.
Each coin is encapsulated and elegantly presented in a luxurious red lacquered wooden case with a red beauty box, evoking the Chinese New Year custom of gifting “lucky money” in a red envelope.
DID YOU KNOW?
- Years of the Rabbit: According to the Chinese zodiac, you’re a Rabbit if you were born in 1927, 1939, 1951, 1963, 1975, 1987, 1999, 2011 and 2023.
- The legend of the Jade (Moon) Rabbit: If you look up at the full moon, some of the shadows on the surface seem to form the outline of a rabbit with a mortar and pestle. There are a few different versions of the legend of the Jade or Moon Rabbit (also known as the Gold Rabbit), but according to one story, the rabbit was rewarded with immortality after it selflessly offered itself as food. The Jade Rabbit is said to live in Moon Palace with Chang’e, the goddess of the moon, whose origin story is associated with the annual Mid-Autumn Festival. The Jade Rabbit is often portrayed pounding the elixir of life while standing under a cinnamon (cassia) tree, which is thought to symbolize abundance and perpetual growth.
DESIGN & ARTIST
Inspired by the Chinese legend of the Jade Rabbit, the reverse design by artist Aries Cheung celebrates the Year of the Rabbit by showing the zodiac animal in a composed stance. Water is the dominant element in 2023 and it is represented by windmill-like wave patterns—the “wind” and “water” that is feng shui, which helps bring about more health and prosperity. In addition to these waves, wing-like motifs adorn the Rabbit’s ears and shoulders. Flowering plants and cinnamon leaves appear on one side of the Rabbit, while Moon Palace—the residence of Chang’e, the goddess of the moon—appears on the other side, where it is surrounded by auspicious cloud patterns. The reverse includes the word “CANADA”, the Chinese character for “Rabbit”, the year “2023” and the face value, “100 DOLLARS”. The obverse features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt.
“The element for 2023 being Water, this majestic Rabbit channels the energy of the feng shui (wind-water) wheels that bring us health, comfort and fortune.” - ARIES CHEUNG, ARTIST
ABOUT THE ROYAL CANADIAN MINT
The Royal Canadian Mint is known as one of the most reputable mints in the world. The Ottawa Branch of the Royal Mint opened in 1908 and was renamed The Royal Canadian Mint in 1931 when control was transferred to the Canadian government. The Royal Canadian Mint is renowned for producing some of the highest quality and purity of gold and silver bullion coins and bars in the world. Their high standards for excellence and quality allowed them to be the first refinery to manufacture 9999 fine gold bullion coins in 1982, as well as the first to reach 99999 fine gold purity in 1999.
|Royal Canadian Mint|
We make sure your metals are handled with the utmost care until the moment they reach your hands.
Your order will be packed within 2 business days of cleared payment. Orders with pre-sale items will ship once all items are in-stock.
Free shipping over $199
Orders over $199 ship for free! Orders under $199 ship for only $9.95.
Our trusted carriers
We ship via express courier or United States Postal Service. To ensure your complete confidence, every package we ship is fully insured and tracked, with a signature required upon delivery.
Every package we ship is fully insured. This means that you would receive a full refund or exchange in the extremely unlikely event that your package is lost or damaged during transit. Please remember to notify us of damage, tampering, or delivery issues within 24 hours of the signature or delivery date. Failure to notify us within this timeframe may impact our ability to cover your claim.
Up-to-the-minute transparent pricing with no hidden fees
Sell your metals back to us with ease
Tens of millions of dollars of in-stock inventory to fill an order of any size
We bring our heart to every moment of your buying experience
320,000 5-star reviews:
Earned from verified orders placed on our website
Safe & secure payments:
Explore our many easy ways to pay!
Fast secure shipping:
Every shipment is secure, discreet, and fully insured