1/4 oz 2021 Royal Canadian Mint | Moments to Hold: 25th Anniversary of Canada's Arboreal Emblem Silver Coin
Buy with Confidence
Celebrate Canada's national tree in 2021—order your coin today!
The Royal Canadian Mint's second 2021 Moments to Hold coin celebrates a maple milestone!
The maple (Acer) is a big part of life in Canada: its leaf proudly adorns our flag and, depending on where you live, there's a good chance a maple tree is helping to beautify your surroundings. We harvest the maple's wood and sweet sap, and we celebrate its foliage throughout the seasons. Our attachment to the maple runs deep and its historical significance makes it the obvious choice for our national tree. That designation became official 25 years ago, on April 25, 1996, when not one but all 10 maple species native to Canada were proclaimed Canada's national arboreal emblem.
Celebrate the 25th anniversary of the maple's designation as Canada's arboreal emblem. A great addition to any new or growing collection—order your maple-themed Moments to Hold coin today!
- HOLD ONTO YOUR MEMORIES OF 2021: Coin #2 in a four-coin series that is your essential set for 2021.
- SPECIAL PACKAGING: Your coin comes in a colourful and informative folder with a removable coin capsule for easy access—just pop the capsule out of the folder for a closer look at your coin.
- START HERE: Whether you're new to coin collecting or want to share your hobby with others, the Moments to Hold series is a great starting point or gift! These are some of the Royal Canadian Mint's most affordable fine silver coins, and this coin's theme and design are a great way to engage others in a discussion about history and coin collecting.
- NO GST/HST
Design: Designed by Canadian artist Claudio D'Angelo, your coin's reverse is double dated ("1996 2021") to mark the 25th anniversary of the maple's (genus Acer) designation as Canada's national arboreal emblem. It features three sugar maple (Acer saccharum) leaves beneath the text "CANADA". The obverse features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt.
Did you know?
- The sugar maple's sap is famously sweet—it's the maple species favoured by Canadian maple syrup producers. Canada provides 71% of the world's total supply of maple syrup, but it takes about 40 litres of sap to make just 1 litre of syrup.
- Can you name all 10 Canadian maple species? They are: mountain maple, Douglas maple, vine maple, sugar maple, black maple, Manitoba maple, red maple, silver maple, striped maple and bigleaf maple.
- You'll find at least one of these 10 Canadian maple species growing wild in each province. If you're trying to identify a Canadian maple based on leaf shape, all but one species have simple leaves with between three and nine pointed lobes. The Manitoba maple is the only one with compound leaves (leaves divided into separate leaflets) that more closely resemble ash leaves.
Packaging: Your coin comes in a full-colour custom folder with a removable capsule that allows for a close-up view.
|Royal Canadian Mint|
We make sure your metals are handled with the utmost care until the moment they reach your hands.
Your order will be packed within 2 business days of cleared payment. Orders with pre-sale items will ship once all items are in-stock.
Free shipping over $199
Orders over $199 ship for free! Orders under $199 ship for only $9.95.
Our trusted carriers
We ship via express courier or United States Postal Service. To ensure your complete confidence, every package we ship is fully insured and tracked, with a signature required upon delivery.
Every package we ship is fully insured. This means that you would receive a full refund or exchange in the extremely unlikely event that your package is lost or damaged during transit. Please remember to notify us of damage, tampering, or delivery issues within 24 hours of the signature or delivery date. Failure to notify us within this timeframe may impact our ability to cover your claim.
Up-to-the-minute transparent pricing with no hidden fees
Sell your metals back to us with ease
Tens of millions of dollars of in-stock inventory to fill an order of any size
We bring our heart to every moment of your buying experience
320,000 5-star reviews:
Earned from verified orders placed on our website
Safe & secure payments:
Explore our many easy ways to pay!
Fast secure shipping:
Every shipment is secure, discreet, and fully insured
Secure Your Future with Precious Metals IRA
Building a Brighter Tomorrow:
Diversify your IRA/401k with gold and silver, providing stability to your investment portfolio.
From account setup to selecting IRA-approved metals and coordinating secure storage in the USA, we offer a comprehensive service.
Transparency and Full Ownership:
Our transparent pricing policy ensures no hidden fees, and your investment in physical bullion is held securely on your behalf.
Diverse Investment Options:
Select from a variety of LBMA or COMEX-approved bullion, including gold, silver, platinum, and palladium.
Flexible Storage Options:
Choose your preferred storage location across the USA for fully insured storage of your metals.
Our team assists with every step, from setting up your IRA account to finalizing purchases, ensuring a hassle-free experience.
BOOK FREE CONSULTATION
Security and Convenience in Every Transaction
Your investments are protected in Brink's vaults, complete with armed guards and 24/7 surveillance. Each deposit is fully insured by Lloyd's of London, ensuring peace of mind.
Global Reach, Local Service:
With over $150 million in customer deposits across 6 locations in 4 countries, we offer unmatched service and accessibility.
Transparent and Low Rates:
Benefit from the lowest rates with 24/7 account balance updates, ensuring transparency at every step.
Through our Instant Liquidity program, expect the best rates and funds transfer within 1 business day.
Your holdings are confidential with us, thanks to our partnership with private entities like Silver Gold Depository, Lloyd's of London, and Brink's.