1/4 oz 2021 Royal Canadian Mint | Moments to Hold: 100th Anniversary of Canada's National Colours Silver Coin
Buy with Confidence
Coin #4 in the Royal Canadian Mint's Moments to Hold series celebrates Canada’s national colours. Order today!
This year marks the 100th anniversary of Canada’s national colours, red and white, and what better way to celebrate these than with an extraordinary flag display.
The big finale: the 2021 Moments to Hold series ends with a red-and-white celebration of Canada. Order today!
- SHOW YOUR COLOURS, CANADA! This year (2021) marks the 100th anniversary of Canada’s national colours, the same ones found on Canada's national flag and on this coin.
- HOLD ONTO YOUR MEMORIES OF 2021! This is the final instalment of a four-part compilation series that is the essential set for 2021. Complete this limited series, order Coin #4 today!
- PATRIOTIC COLOURS! This is the only 2021 Moments to Hold coin to feature selective colour—the three others were engraved-only.
- SPECIAL PACKAGING! This coin comes in a colourful and informative folder with a removable coin capsule for easy access—just pop the capsule out of the folder for a closer look at the coin.
- THE PERFECT STARTER SERIES! Whether you’re new to coin collecting or want to share your hobby with others, RCM's annual Moments to Hold series makes a great starting point or gift! These are some of the most affordable pure silver coins, and this design will serve as a long-lasting reminder of 2021.
Designed by Canadian artist Steve Hepburn, this coin’s reverse is double dated (“1921 2021”) to mark the 100th anniversary of Canada’s national colours. Its selectively coloured image is an extraordinary display of patriotism: a Canadian proudly holds up the red-and-white flag of Canada as they shout their love of country from the highest mountain. The obverse features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt.
“The Canadian flag’s bold colours and stylized maple leaf are easily recognized the world over and have come to represent qualities like kindness, tolerance and diversity. We have a deep sense of pride for our country, and it is easy to see when we’re travelling the world or cheering on our beloved sports teams and athletes.” – Steve Hepburn, Artist
“I am proud to say I’m Canadian, and I’m proud of the contributions we’ve made and continue to make on a national and global scale. For these reasons and more, this image gives me goosebumps! – Libby Sim, Product Manager
“Based on suggestions dating back to 1895/96 and 1919, respectfully, both the maple leaf and our national colours of red and white (as proclaimed by King George V in 1921) were the driving force implemented by John Ross Matheson in his oversight of the final design of the National Flag of Canada. Every Canadian should be extremely proud of our red-and-white symbol, which is recognized and respected around the world.” – Robert J. Harper, Executive Director, Canadian Flag Education Centre
Did you know?
- The red-and-white “Maple Leaf” flag has been the National Flag of Canada since 1965. In the words of John Ross Matheson, M.P. and leader of the parliamentary flag committee, it took “many loving hands” to finalize the flag’s design, which was inspired by Canada’s national colours.
- There are over 500,000 shades of red but only one appears on Canada’s flag. The exact colour value was recommended by a team of scientists at the National Research Council of Canada (NRC), who tested and analyzed different fabric dyes before determining the most durable shade of red. This was the first time that international colour standards were applied to a national flag—a world first that happened in Canada!
This coin comes in a full-colour custom folder with a removable capsule that allows for a close-up view.
|Royal Canadian Mint|
We make sure your metals are handled with the utmost care until the moment they reach your hands.
Your order will be packed within 2 business days of cleared payment. Orders with pre-sale items will ship once all items are in-stock.
Free shipping over $199
Orders over $199 ship for free! Orders under $199 ship for only $9.95.
Our trusted carriers
We ship via express courier or United States Postal Service. To ensure your complete confidence, every package we ship is fully insured and tracked, with a signature required upon delivery.
Every package we ship is fully insured. This means that you would receive a full refund or exchange in the extremely unlikely event that your package is lost or damaged during transit. Please remember to notify us of damage, tampering, or delivery issues within 24 hours of the signature or delivery date. Failure to notify us within this timeframe may impact our ability to cover your claim.
Up-to-the-minute transparent pricing with no hidden fees
Sell your metals back to us with ease
Tens of millions of dollars of in-stock inventory to fill an order of any size
We bring our heart to every moment of your buying experience
320,000 5-star reviews:
Earned from verified orders placed on our website
Safe & secure payments:
Explore our many easy ways to pay!
Fast secure shipping:
Every shipment is secure, discreet, and fully insured