1 oz 1849 Smithsonian Longacre Double Eagle Ultra Cameo NGC Gem Proof Gold Coin
Buy with Confidence
Following the United States Coinage act of 1849, famed sculptor James B. Longacre was tasked with designing a gold coin with a $20 denomination-the highest at the time-to facilitate the nation's growing economic expansion. This coin was pivotal to the United States' economic success from 1840 until it was replaced by the Saint Gaudens double eagle in 1907.
- Ships individually sealed in an NGC coin holder and presentation box
- Consisting of 1 oz 999 Fine Gold
- Obverse: Features a depiction of the US Presidential Seal with an American Eagle behind a shield, clutching an olive branch and 13 arrows along with the inscriptions "UNITED STATES OF AMERICA," and "DOUBLE EAGLE"
- Reverse: Features Longacre's rendition of a left-facing Lady Liberty, wearing a coronet with the inscription "LIBERTY" surrounded by thirteen stars, indicative of the nation's thirteen original colonies
- This coin was struck in 2009 with the 1849 design
With an NGC Ultra Cameo Gem Proof grading and slabbed for protection, buyers can rest assured about the quality of their investment. Secure yours today!
We make sure your metals are handled with the utmost care until the moment they reach your hands.
Your order will be packed within 5 business days of cleared payment. Orders with pre-sale items will ship once all items are in-stock.
Free shipping over $299
Orders over $299 ship for free! Orders under $299 ship for only $19.95.
Our trusted carriers
We ship via express courier or Canada Post - all fully insured, tracked and signed. To ensure your complete confidence, every package we ship is fully insured and tracked, with a signature required upon delivery.
Every package we ship is fully insured. This means that you would receive a full refund or exchange in the extremely unlikely event that your package is lost or damaged during transit. Please remember to notify us of damage, tampering, or delivery issues within 24 hours of the signature or delivery date. Failure to notify us within this timeframe may impact our ability to cover your claim.
Up-to-the-minute transparent pricing with no hidden fees
Sell your metals back to us with ease
Tens of millions of dollars of in-stock inventory to fill an order of any size
We bring our heart to every moment of your buying experience
260,000 5-star reviews:
Earned from verified orders placed on our website
Safe & secure payments:
Explore our many easy ways to pay!
Fast secure shipping:
Every shipment is secure, discreet, and fully insured