1 oz 2013 Australian Opal Series The Pygmy Possum Silver Coin | Perth Mint
Buy with Confidence
The Australian Opal Series is made up of 8 unique coins, including The Pygmy Possum. This series concluded in late 2015 and is inspired by many of Australia’s iconic animals. The pygmy possum has a prehensile tail, contributing to its reputation as an excellent climber.
- Individual coins ship in a plastic flip sleeve
- Consisting of 1 oz 999 Fine Silver
- Obverse: Features the effigy of Queen Elizabeth II designed by Ian Rank-Broadley along with the country of issue and legal tender value
- Reverse: Features an Australian opal insert depicting a pygmy possum on a banksia branch surrounded in silver by banksia leaves and blossoms, a gibbous moon, and the Southern Cross constellation along with the inscription “PYGMY POSSUM”, year of issue, metal weight and purity
- This coin was the fourth issue in the Australian Opal Series
The Perth Mint opened in 1899 as the British Royal Mint’s 3rd branch in Australia. The historical Hay Street location handled gold refining until moving to a modern facility in April 1990. Ownership of the mint was transferred to the Government of Western Australia in July of 1970.
This coin may not include the box as pictured depending on availability.
We make sure your metals are handled with the utmost care until the moment they reach your hands.
Your order will be packed within 2 business days of cleared payment. Orders with pre-sale items will ship once all items are in-stock.
Free shipping over $199
Orders over $199 ship for free! Orders under $199 ship for only $9.95.
Our trusted carriers
We ship via express courier or United States Postal Service. To ensure your complete confidence, every package we ship is fully insured and tracked, with a signature required upon delivery.
Every package we ship is fully insured. This means that you would receive a full refund or exchange in the extremely unlikely event that your package is lost or damaged during transit. Please remember to notify us of damage, tampering, or delivery issues within 24 hours of the signature or delivery date. Failure to notify us within this timeframe may impact our ability to cover your claim.
Up-to-the-minute transparent pricing with no hidden fees
Sell your metals back to us with ease
Tens of millions of dollars of in-stock inventory to fill an order of any size
We bring our heart to every moment of your buying experience
320,000 5-star reviews:
Earned from verified orders placed on our website
Safe & secure payments:
Explore our many easy ways to pay!
Fast secure shipping:
Every shipment is secure, discreet, and fully insured