1 oz 2021 Royal Canadian Mint | The Grey Wolf Silver Coin
Buy with Confidence
Back by popular demand: Gold plating meets black rhodium on this pure silver coin — order today!
The perfect follow-up to the Royal Canadian Mint's 2019 Black and Gold: The Canadian Horse coin! The duality of the wolf is part of what draws us to it, and the yin and the yang of its existence is what this 99.99% pure silver coin conveys. For centuries, the highly intelligent and social species has been feared and unfairly maligned as the villain in children’s stories. Yet it is that same hunting instinct that makes the elusive wolf an essential part of its ecosystem, where it helps maintain the balance between flora and fauna, predator and prey.
A gorgeous addition to any collection, this gold- and black rhodium-plated coin instantly pulls you into the wolf’s gaze. Order your coin today!
- BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND! A follow-up to RCM's popular 2019 Black and Gold: The Canadian Horse coin, this 2021 coin heads into the Canadian wilderness to offer a fresh perspective on a second species: the grey wolf.
- DYNAMIC DESIGN! Like the Black and Gold: The Canadian Horse coin (2019), your coin’s reverse design is inspired by the yin yang symbol and illustrates the wolf’s strong social bonds. No matter which way you view the design, it will pull you into the wolf’s gaze!
- GOLD AND BLACK RHODIUM! Yellow gold and black rhodium plating divide this coin’s design into two opposing but complementary elements. It is a powerful representation of a keystone species that, historically, has been both feared and revered, though our understanding of it has evolved and improved over time.
- THREE DIFFERENT ALLOYS! Beneath the gold and black rhodium plating, your coin has a 99.99% pure silver core.
- RCM's LATEST BLACK RHODIUM COIN! As seen on previous black rhodium coins, the matte gunmetal finish strikes a dramatic contrast next to the yellow gold. Each finish plays with light and shadows to bring out details that are otherwise unseen in the other portion of the design.
- LOW MINTAGE! Limited to 4,500 coins worldwide.
- INCLUDES SERIALIZED CERTIFICATE! The Royal Canadian Mint certifies all of its collector coins.
- NO GST/HST
The circular reverse design by Claude Thivierge features a contrasting “yin and yang”-like representation of the grey wolf (Canis lupus). Two wolves are positioned chin-to-chin to illustrate the tight social bonds that exist between pack members and each wolf has fixed its gaze on the viewer. Gold and black rhodium plating perfectly splits this engraved image into two opposite but complementary halves. The obverse features the gold-plated effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt.
Did you know?
- Despite its name, the grey wolf’s fur can range from shades of grey and brown to white or even black. You might find a mix of all these colours in a wolf pack.
- Wolves are territorial and they hunt together in packs — in fact, they spend most of their lives in the company of other wolves. Their family bonds are tight, and while they use a wide range of vocalizations and body language to communicate, wolves are known for emitting howls that can be heard several kilometres away.
Packaging: Your coin is encapsulated and presented in a Royal Canadian Mint-branded clamshell with a black beauty box.
|Royal Canadian Mint|
We make sure your metals are handled with the utmost care until the moment they reach your hands.
Your order will be packed within 2 business days of cleared payment. Orders with pre-sale items will ship once all items are in-stock.
Free shipping over $199
Orders over $199 ship for free! Orders under $199 ship for only $9.95.
Our trusted carriers
We ship via express courier or United States Postal Service. To ensure your complete confidence, every package we ship is fully insured and tracked, with a signature required upon delivery.
Every package we ship is fully insured. This means that you would receive a full refund or exchange in the extremely unlikely event that your package is lost or damaged during transit. Please remember to notify us of damage, tampering, or delivery issues within 24 hours of the signature or delivery date. Failure to notify us within this timeframe may impact our ability to cover your claim.
Up-to-the-minute transparent pricing with no hidden fees
Sell your metals back to us with ease
Tens of millions of dollars of in-stock inventory to fill an order of any size
We bring our heart to every moment of your buying experience
320,000 5-star reviews:
Earned from verified orders placed on our website
Safe & secure payments:
Explore our many easy ways to pay!
Fast secure shipping:
Every shipment is secure, discreet, and fully insured