1 oz 2022 Queen Elizabeth II: Queen Elizabeth II's Royal Cypher Platinum Coin | Royal Canadian Mint
Buy with Confidence
A pure platinum commemorative tribute to Queen Elizabeth II, her reign and her relationship with Canada.
This 99.95% pure platinum coin is a Canadian homage to the long-ruling monarch whose reign and legacy of service influenced many chapters of Canada’s story.
During her seven-decade reign and 22 Royal Tours as Canada’s Head of State, Queen Elizabeth II saw much of Canada, from east to west and into the north, and joined Canadians in celebrating our biggest milestones and achievements. In her speeches, she often expressed a deep love and respect for this country and its people, even commenting during her last tour that “my pride in this country remains undimmed.” Canadians returned that affection throughout her lifetime, and through this platinum piece, we honour her life and steadfast commitment to this country.
The only platinum piece in the Queen Elizabeth II’s Reign collection.
- The symbol of a reign: This platinum commemorative piece features Queen Elizabeth II’s Royal Cypher, one of the most recognizable symbols of a historic reign.
- Pure platinum: Crafted in 99.95% pure platinum, each coin is the only pure platinum piece in the Queen Elizabeth II’s Reign collection.
- A very rare keepsake: Mintage is limited to just 400 coins.
- A Canadian tribute: Paired with a Tudor rose, the prominent maple leaf highlights Queen Elizabeth II’s special relationship with Canada throughout her 70-year reign. It also serves as an expression of gratitude for her dedication to service and deep commitment to this country.
Marked by a small Tudor rose, the tribute obverse combines the four different effigies that have graced Canadian coins since Queen Elizabeth II’s coronation in 1953. This obverse is only featured on the collector coins in the Queen Elizabeth II’s Reign collection
A NATION REMEMBERS
Every numismatic coin in the Queen Elizabeth II’s Reign collection comes packaged with a special commemorative packaging.
DID YOU KNOW?
- Cyphers have been used by British monarchs since the reign of Henry VIII. For her cypher, Queen Elizabeth II favoured a stylized representation of St Edward’s Crown—the official coronation crown dating from the coronation of King Charles II in 1661—over the Tudor Crown. The Tudor Crown was a more elaborate headpiece used by monarchs from the time of Henry VII or Henry VIII until the English Civil Wars; it was dismantled by the Parliamentarians in 1649 and the crown jewels were sold, but it has endured as an important heraldic symbol.
DESIGN & ARTIST
The reverse features the Royal Cypher of Queen Elizabeth II, which combines Queen Elizabeth II’s initials “E II” (Elizabeth II) with her title initial “R” (for Regina, or “Queen” in Latin) and an image of St. Edward’s Crown. The cypher is bordered by acanthus leaves, a maple leaf and a Tudor rose. Double dated to commemorate her historic reign, the tribute obverse is also marked by a Tudor rose and features the four effigies of Queen Elizabeth II that have graced Canadian coins (left to right): the 2003-2022 effigy by Susanna Blunt; the 1990-2002 effigy by Dora de Pédery-Hunt; the 1965-1989 effigy by Arnold Machin; and the 1953-1964 effigy by Mary Gillick.
ABOUT THE ROYAL CANADIAN MINT
The Royal Canadian Mint is known as one of the most reputable mints in the world. The Ottawa Branch of the Royal Mint opened in 1908 and was renamed The Royal Canadian Mint in 1931 when control was transferred to the Canadian government. The Royal Canadian Mint is renowned for producing some of the highest quality and purity of gold and silver bullion coins and bars in the world. Their high standards for excellence and quality allowed them to be the first refinery to manufacture 9999 fine gold bullion coins in 1982, as well as the first to reach 99999 fine gold purity in 1999.
|Royal Canadian Mint|
|Jori Van der Linde (reverse); Susanna Blunt (2003-2022); Dora de Pédery-Hunt (1990-2002 effigy); Arnold Machin (1965-1989 effigy) and Mary Gillick (1953-1964 effigy) (obverse)|
We make sure your metals are handled with the utmost care until the moment they reach your hands.
Your order will be packed within 2 business days of cleared payment. Orders with pre-sale items will ship once all items are in-stock.
Free shipping over $199
Orders over $199 ship for free! Orders under $199 ship for only $9.95.
Our trusted carriers
We ship via express courier or United States Postal Service. To ensure your complete confidence, every package we ship is fully insured and tracked, with a signature required upon delivery.
Every package we ship is fully insured. This means that you would receive a full refund or exchange in the extremely unlikely event that your package is lost or damaged during transit. Please remember to notify us of damage, tampering, or delivery issues within 24 hours of the signature or delivery date. Failure to notify us within this timeframe may impact our ability to cover your claim.
Up-to-the-minute transparent pricing with no hidden fees
Sell your metals back to us with ease
Tens of millions of dollars of in-stock inventory to fill an order of any size
We bring our heart to every moment of your buying experience
320,000 5-star reviews:
Earned from verified orders placed on our website
Safe & secure payments:
Explore our many easy ways to pay!
Fast secure shipping:
Every shipment is secure, discreet, and fully insured