1 oz 2023 Lunar Year of the Rabbit Silver Coin | Royal Canadian Mint
Buy with Confidence
Mark a special moment in 2023 with this fine silver Year of the Rabbit coin.
Coin #2 in the Royal Canadian MInt's fine silver Lunar Year series! The Rabbit is a cherished symbol of longevity, abundance and prosperity, and in Chinese folklore, it is the trusted companion of Chang’e, the goddess of the moon. People born in the Year of the Rabbit are kind, creative, sociable and peaceful; yet, behind that gentle smile lies great strength and a readiness to take swift action. The Rabbit is known for its attention to detail, and in a year associated with the Water element, it has the added ability to adapt to different situations in order to obtain the best possible outcome.
Intelligent, friendly and kind-hearted—celebrate the Rabbit(s) in your life with this 1 oz. pure silver Year of the Rabbit coin. Order your Lunar Year of the Rabbit coin today!
- Second coin in lunar series. Celebrate the Year of the Rabbit (2023) with the second coin in a 12-year Lunar Year series that began with the Year of the Tiger (2022).
- Your lucky rabbit. This charming keepsake is a great addition to your collection and the perfect way to honour a friend or loved one born in the Year of the Rabbit: 1927, 1939, 1951, 1963, 1975, 1987, 1999, 2011 and 2023.
- A 2023 keepsake. An ideal piece to mark a major milestone this year, whether it’s a graduation, wedding, or the arrival of a new family member born between January 22, 2023 and February 9, 2024.
- Special mintage. Part of a continuing minting tradition, your limited-edition coin has a special mintage of 18,888 to attract prosperity in the Year of the Rabbit (2023).
- Includes serialized certificate. The Royal Canadian Mint certifies all of its collector coins.
- NO GST/HST
INSPIRED BY FOLK ART
Each coin’s reverse design features the same folk art style seen on the fine silver 2022 Lunar Year of the Tiger coin, which was inspired by the traditional Chinese cloth tiger toy.
Each fine silver coin comes packaged in a red outer beauty box, evoking the Chinese New Year custom of gifting “lucky money” in a red envelope.
DID YOU KNOW?
- Years of the Rabbit: According to the Chinese zodiac, you’re a Rabbit if you were born in 1927, 1939, 1951, 1963, 1975, 1987, 1999, 2011 and 2023.
- The legend of the Jade (Moon) Rabbit: If you look up at the full moon, some of the shadows on the surface seem to form the outline of a rabbit with a mortar and pestle. There are a few different versions of the legend of the Jade or Moon Rabbit (also known as the Gold Rabbit), but according to one story, the rabbit was rewarded with immortality after it selflessly offered itself as food. The Jade Rabbit is said to live in Moon Palace with Chang’e, the goddess of the moon, whose origin story is associated with the annual Mid-Autumn Festival. The Jade Rabbit is often portrayed pounding the elixir of life while standing under a cinnamon (cassia) tree, which is thought to symbolize abundance and perpetual growth.
DESIGN & ARTIST
Inspired by the legend of the Jade (Moon) Rabbit, the reverse design by Canadian artist Lily Kao celebrates the Year of the Rabbit with a folk art-styled depiction of the Goddess of the Moon’s furry companion. The gentle and good-natured Rabbit (“兔”) is seen leaping over a new crescent moon that symbolizes new beginnings. The reverse also includes the word “CANADA”, the year “2023” and a face value of “15 DOLLARS”. The obverse features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt with a repeating scallop pattern.
“The enchanting legend of the Jade Rabbit (玉兔) inspired this design. Here, the Rabbit is portrayed in a dynamic position, leaping over a moon crescent that symbolizes new beginnings and a new cycle. More than just cute and fluffy, the Jade Rabbit is a symbol of selflessness and devotion." LILY KAO, ARTIST
Each fine silver Lunar Year of the Rabbit coin is encapsulated and presented in a black clamshell case. It comes packaged in a red outer box that evokes the Chinese New Year custom of gifting “lucky money” in a red envelope.
ABOUT THE ROYAL CANADIAN MINT
The Royal Canadian Mint is known as one of the most reputable mints in the world. The Ottawa Branch of the Royal Mint opened in 1908 and was renamed The Royal Canadian Mint in 1931 when control was transferred to the Canadian government. The Royal Canadian Mint is renowned for producing some of the highest quality and purity of gold and silver bullion coins and bars in the world. Their high standards for excellence and quality allowed them to be the first refinery to manufacture 9999 fine gold bullion coins in 1982, as well as the first to reach 99999 fine gold purity in 1999.
|Royal Canadian Mint|
We make sure your metals are handled with the utmost care until the moment they reach your hands.
Your order will be packed within 2 business days of cleared payment. Orders with pre-sale items will ship once all items are in-stock.
Free shipping over $199
Orders over $199 ship for free! Orders under $199 ship for only $9.95.
Our trusted carriers
We ship via express courier or United States Postal Service. To ensure your complete confidence, every package we ship is fully insured and tracked, with a signature required upon delivery.
Every package we ship is fully insured. This means that you would receive a full refund or exchange in the extremely unlikely event that your package is lost or damaged during transit. Please remember to notify us of damage, tampering, or delivery issues within 24 hours of the signature or delivery date. Failure to notify us within this timeframe may impact our ability to cover your claim.
Up-to-the-minute transparent pricing with no hidden fees
Sell your metals back to us with ease
Tens of millions of dollars of in-stock inventory to fill an order of any size
We bring our heart to every moment of your buying experience
320,000 5-star reviews:
Earned from verified orders placed on our website
Safe & secure payments:
Explore our many easy ways to pay!
Fast secure shipping:
Every shipment is secure, discreet, and fully insured