1 oz 2023 Peace Dollar Gold Coin | Royal Canadian Mint
Buy with Confidence
New for 2023: Rose gold plating adds uplifting colour to the Royal Canadian Mint's UHR portrait of peace.
Each Peace Dollar is a powerful representation of Canada’s ongoing dedication to universal human rights and world peace. Before becoming Prime Minister of Canada, Lester B. Pearson was awarded a Nobel Peace Prize in 1957 for organizing the first UN peacekeeping force. In the decades since, UN peacekeepers have helped de-escalate conflicts and save lives throughout the world. That legacy of peace and international cooperation is reflected on the reverse of this 1 oz. 99.99% pure gold coin. It combines three extraordinary features: Ultra High Relief (UHR), rose gold plating (new for 2023), and a specially engineered pattern that pulses with hope for a peaceful and prosperous future.
For 2023, Canada’s “pulsating” pure gold Peace Dollar gets a colour boost.
- The Royal Canadian Mint's fourth gold Peace Dollar. Canada’s “pulsating” Peace Dollar is back for 2023! This 1 oz. 99.99% pure gold version combines Ultra High Relief (UHR) and pulsating technology with rose gold plating, which beautifully enhances the already inspiring portrait of peace (“PAX”).
- Ultra High Relief. UHR technology lifts the allegory of peace to greater heights by adding extra depth and detail.
- 1 oz. of 99.99% pure gold. Each gold Peace Dollar is struck in 1 oz. of 99.99% pure gold and features a highly reflective proof finish that ensures every engraved detail stands out. The 2023 Peace Dollar is also available as a 1 oz. 99.99% pure silver coin and in a 5 oz. fine silver
- Rarity. Only 500 of these dazzling coins are available to collectors worldwide. Don’t miss this opportunity to own a pure gold 2023 Peace Dollar—order today!
- Includes serialized certificate. The Royal Canadian Mint certifies all of its collector coins.
- No GST/HST.
New for 2023, each Peace Dollar features rose gold plating on the coin’s obverse and reverse, where the uplifting background colour and pure gold relief form a captivating high-contrast design.
A PULSATING FIELD
Each Peace Dollar’s reverse features a pulsating pattern that appears to expand and contract when the coin is tipped. This visual effect is caused by an array of sub-millimetre-scale mirrors, which have been micro-engineered and precisely engraved to reflect light and create the illusion of motion.
DID YOU KNOW?
- The allegory on the coin’s reverse first appeared on the 2019 Peace and Liberty medal before becoming a fixture on Canada’s annual Peace Dollar coins.
- Her crown of maple leaves and olive branches is a symbolic representation of the core Canadian values of peace, order and good government.
DESIGN & ARTIST
The Peace Dollar’s reverse features selective rose gold plating and a pulsating pattern behind the allegorical image of peace designed by retired RCM Senior Engraver Susan Taylor. Struck in Ultra High Relief (UHR), Lady Peace is depicted in profile with her hair crowned in a wreath of maple leaves and olive branches. She is flanked by her name “PAX” (the Latin word for “Peace”) and the year “2023”, while Canada’s national motto, “A MARI USQUE AD MARE” (“From sea to sea”) appears overhead. The obverse also features selective rose gold plating and the effigy of Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt.
Each coin is encapsulated and presented in a black Royal Canadian Mint-branded clamshell with a black beauty box.
ABOUT THE ROYAL CANADIAN MINT
The Royal Canadian Mint is known as one of the most reputable mints in the world. The Ottawa Branch of the Royal Mint opened in 1908 and was renamed The Royal Canadian Mint in 1931 when control was transferred to the Canadian government. The Royal Canadian Mint is renowned for producing some of the highest quality and purity of gold and silver bullion coins and bars in the world. Their high standards for excellence and quality allowed them to be the first refinery to manufacture 9999 fine gold bullion coins in 1982, as well as the first to reach 99999 fine gold purity in 1999.
|Royal Canadian Mint|
We make sure your metals are handled with the utmost care until the moment they reach your hands.
Your order will be packed within 2 business days of cleared payment. Orders with pre-sale items will ship once all items are in-stock.
Free shipping over $199
Orders over $199 ship for free! Orders under $199 ship for only $9.95.
Our trusted carriers
We ship via express courier or United States Postal Service. To ensure your complete confidence, every package we ship is fully insured and tracked, with a signature required upon delivery.
Every package we ship is fully insured. This means that you would receive a full refund or exchange in the extremely unlikely event that your package is lost or damaged during transit. Please remember to notify us of damage, tampering, or delivery issues within 24 hours of the signature or delivery date. Failure to notify us within this timeframe may impact our ability to cover your claim.
Up-to-the-minute transparent pricing with no hidden fees
Sell your metals back to us with ease
Tens of millions of dollars of in-stock inventory to fill an order of any size
We bring our heart to every moment of your buying experience
320,000 5-star reviews:
Earned from verified orders placed on our website
Safe & secure payments:
Explore our many easy ways to pay!
Fast secure shipping:
Every shipment is secure, discreet, and fully insured