1 oz 2024 Lunar Year of the Dragon Silver Coin | Royal Canadian Mint
Buy with Confidence
Welcome the Year of the Dragon and mark a special moment in 2024 with this fine silver coin.
Coin #3 in the fine silver Lunar Year series! Inspired by Chinese folk art, the whimsical Dragon on this fine silver coin’s reverse is quietly confident and clever—a beautiful representation of the traits associated with those born in the year of the Wood Dragon. The natural leader of the Chinese Zodiac, the Dragon symbolizes strength and fortune. It is known for its ability to make things happen when it focuses its energy, and in a year associated with the Wood element, there is the potential for groundbreaking ideas that bring progress and prosperity.
Quiet, creative and insightful—celebrate the Dragon(s) in your life with this 1 oz. fine silver Year of the Dragon coin.
- Coin #3. Celebrate the Year of the Dragon (2024) with the third coin in a 12-year Lunar Year series, which began with the Year of the Tiger (2022) and features a round coin shape that symbolizes harmony.
- A lucky dragon. This charming keepsake is a great addition to your collection, and the perfect way to honour a friend or loved one born in the Year of the Dragon: 1928, 1940, 1952, 1964, 1976, 1988, 2000, 2012 and 2024. It’s also an ideal piece to mark a major milestone in 2024, whether it’s a graduation, wedding or the arrival of a new family member born between February 10, 2024 and January 28, 2025.
- Crafted in 1 oz. 99.99% pure silver.
- Special mintage. Part of a continuing tradition, your limited-edition coin has a special mintage of 28,888.
- Includes serialized certificate. The Royal Canadian Mint certifies all of its collector coins.
- No GST/HST.
INSPIRED BY FOLK ART
Like 2022’s Lunar Year of the Tiger and 2023’s Lunar Year of the Rabbit collectibles, your coin’s reverse design features an uplifting, folk-art style to greet the new year with optimism and hope.
Each coin comes packaged in a red outer beauty box, evoking the Chinese New Year custom of gifting “lucky money” in a red envelope.
DID YOU KNOW?
- Years of the Dragon: According to the Chinese Zodiac, you’re a Dragon if you were born in 1928, 1940, 1952, 1964, 1976, 1988, 2000, 2012 or 2024. Already the most auspicious animal sign, Dragons can further boost their luck by sticking with the numbers 1, 6 and 7, or their lucky colours of gold, white and grey.
- Dragons are natural leaders and go-getters. Courageous and intelligent, Dragons are not afraid of challenges and are willing to take risks. The Dragon itself has long been a revered symbol of Chinese culture; it represents power, excellence and good luck.
- Wood dragons are quiet, creative thinkers. In Chinese astrology, every year in the 12-year cycle is ruled by a different Zodiac sign and each creature is associated with one of the five elements, meaning the Wood Dragon is only celebrated once every 60 years. While Dragons are known to be fierce, driven and loyal, the Wood element in 2024 tempers their fiery, energetic temperament. Wood Dragons are calmer and more introverted, creative and inquisitive—they’ll dive into any problem, and they usually come up with an innovative idea or solution.
Inspired by traditional Chinese folk art, the reverse design by Canadian artist Jai Paek celebrates the Year of the Wood Dragon (2024) through its whimsical depiction of a Dragon (“龍”). The courageous and clever Dragon bears a playful expression as it snakes across the coin, with its head facing West and its tail facing East. The lucky number seven, which is associated with harmony, is represented by the Dragon’s seven heart-shaped scales that symbolize good luck and prosperity. The reverse also includes the word “CANADA”, the year “2024” and a face value of “15 DOLLARS”. The obverse features the effigy of Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt with a repeating scallop pattern. The obverse also bears a special marking that includes four pearls symbolizing the four effigies that have graced Canadian coins and the double date of her reign.
ABOUT THE ROYAL CANADIAN MINT
The Royal Canadian Mint is known as one of the most reputable mints in the world. The Ottawa Branch of the Royal Mint opened in 1908 and was renamed The Royal Canadian Mint in 1931 when control was transferred to the Canadian government. The Royal Canadian Mint is renowned for producing some of the highest quality and purity of gold and silver bullion coins and bars in the world. Their high standards for excellence and quality allowed them to be the first refinery to manufacture 9999 fine gold bullion coins in 1982, as well as the first to reach 99999 fine gold purity in 1999.
|Royal Canadian Mint|
We make sure your metals are handled with the utmost care until the moment they reach your hands.
Your order will be packed within 2 business days of cleared payment. Orders with pre-sale items will ship once all items are in-stock.
Free shipping over $199
Orders over $199 ship for free! Orders under $199 ship for only $9.95.
Our trusted carriers
We ship via express courier or United States Postal Service. To ensure your complete confidence, every package we ship is fully insured and tracked, with a signature required upon delivery.
Every package we ship is fully insured. This means that you would receive a full refund or exchange in the extremely unlikely event that your package is lost or damaged during transit. Please remember to notify us of damage, tampering, or delivery issues within 24 hours of the signature or delivery date. Failure to notify us within this timeframe may impact our ability to cover your claim.
Up-to-the-minute transparent pricing with no hidden fees
Sell your metals back to us with ease
Tens of millions of dollars of in-stock inventory to fill an order of any size
We bring our heart to every moment of your buying experience
320,000 5-star reviews:
Earned from verified orders placed on our website
Safe & secure payments:
Explore our many easy ways to pay!
Fast secure shipping:
Every shipment is secure, discreet, and fully insured
Secure Your Future with Precious Metals IRA
Building a Brighter Tomorrow:
Diversify your IRA/401k with gold and silver, providing stability to your investment portfolio.
From account setup to selecting IRA-approved metals and coordinating secure storage in the USA, we offer a comprehensive service.
Transparency and Full Ownership:
Our transparent pricing policy ensures no hidden fees, and your investment in physical bullion is held securely on your behalf.
Diverse Investment Options:
Select from a variety of LBMA or COMEX-approved bullion, including gold, silver, platinum, and palladium.
Flexible Storage Options:
Choose your preferred storage location across the USA for fully insured storage of your metals.
Our team assists with every step, from setting up your IRA account to finalizing purchases, ensuring a hassle-free experience.
BOOK FREE CONSULTATION
Security and Convenience in Every Transaction
Your investments are protected in Brink's vaults, complete with armed guards and 24/7 surveillance. Each deposit is fully insured by Lloyd's of London, ensuring peace of mind.
Global Reach, Local Service:
With over $150 million in customer deposits across 6 locations in 4 countries, we offer unmatched service and accessibility.
Transparent and Low Rates:
Benefit from the lowest rates with 24/7 account balance updates, ensuring transparency at every step.
Through our Instant Liquidity program, expect the best rates and funds transfer within 1 business day.
Your holdings are confidential with us, thanks to our partnership with private entities like Silver Gold Depository, Lloyd's of London, and Brink's.