2 oz 2022 100th Anniversary of the Royal Agricultural Winter Fair Silver Coin | Royal Canadian Mint
Buy with Confidence
Celebrate The Royal and a century of agricultural and equestrian excellence.
Celebrate the 100th anniversary of the world’s largest indoor agricultural and equestrian event! Since its first opening day in 1922, the Royal Agricultural Winter Fair has been a place for Canadians to come together for world class competitions, interactive education and inspiring entertainment all in celebration of excellence in agriculture, local food and equine sport. The Royal has exciting experiences for everyone, as illustrated on this 2 oz. fine silver coin.
A century of excellence: Celebrate The Royal and its 100 years of history, of champions.
- One of the big anniversaries in 2022. Celebrate the 100th anniversary of the Royal Agricultural Winter Fair! Held annually in Toronto, The Royal is the largest indoor combined agricultural and equestrian event in the world.
- Various frostings. Each coin is crafted in 2 oz. 99.99% pure silver. And for maximum visual impact, different frostings have been combined to create a stunning contrast between all the engraved elements, down to the finest detail.
- Share your stories of the Royal. Once you’ve attended The Royal, you’ll want to make it an annual tradition. Re-live your memories through this commemorative coin, which invites you to share your stories of The Royal with friends and loved ones.
- Includes serialized certificate. The Royal Canadian Mint certifies all of its collector coins.
- NO GST/HST (if applicable)
EXPERIENCE THE ROYAL
These coins' reverse design highlights some of the exciting experiences to be had at The Royal, Canada’s premier showcase of agricultural products and horsemanship.
A TRIBUTE TO THE PAST
On each coin’s reverse, the agriculture-themed tribute has been rendered in an Art Deco style—a nod to The Royal’s inaugural year, 1922.
DID YOU KNOW?
- With a few exceptions, the Royal Agricultural Winter Fair takes place every November in Toronto. It is held on the grounds of Exhibition Place, where the iconic Coliseum was built for the inaugural fair—in fact, the fair’s grand opening was originally planned for 1921, but it was postponed to November 22, 1922, due to construction delays.
- The idea of a national agricultural exhibition took shape after the First World War when a group of farmers came together and formed the Agricultural Winter Fair Association of Canada. In 1920, it received full support from all levels of government, and King George V granted permission to include the word “Royal” in the event name.
- The Royal Horse Show is held annually as part of the Royal Agricultural Winter Fair. A world-class equestrian competition, it is the final leg of the North American Fall Circuit and typically features a star-studded field of top national and international riders.
DESIGN & ARTIST
On the coin’s reverse, the Art Deco-style design by artist Glen Green highlights some of the sights and events that have made the Royal Agricultural Winter Fair a premier showcase of agricultural and equestrian excellence. An array of livestock (chicken, sheep, cow and horse) and agricultural products surround a rider and horse as they compete in the Royal Horse Show; behind them, The Royal logo appears on a champion rosette. The reverse includes the word “CANADA” at the top, while at the bottom, the dates “1922·2022” commemorate The Royal’s 100TH anniversary. The obverse features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt.
“It has been an honour to create a coin that celebrates something this world-class event. Which has been a part of Canada’s history for 100 years. The challenge for this piece was to accurately incorporate the elements that represent different facets of the exhibition. Not only does The Royal reflect the diversity of Canada’s agricultural community, it’s also an inspiring representation of Canada’s quest for inclusiveness—it truly has something for everyone.” GLEN GREEN, ARTIST
“We celebrate with pride The Royal’s tremendous 100 year history. The Royal’s legacy of recognizing and elevating the very best in Canadian agriculture, local food, and equine sport is long, and we are committed to the on-going evolution of sustainable farming and food production in Canada. This remarkable coin captures the very heart of The Royal-- all the things that weave together to make The Royal a truly special event. Please join us this year in honouring our great past, while embracing the future. " SHELLEY PETERSON, PRESIDENT AND CHAIR OF THE ROYAL AGRICULTURAL WINTER FAIR
Each coin is encapsulated and presented in a Royal Canadian Mint-branded clamshell with a black beauty box.
ABOUT THE ROYAL CANADIAN MINT
The Royal Canadian Mint is known as one of the most reputable mints in the world. The Ottawa Branch of the Royal Mint opened in 1908 and was renamed The Royal Canadian Mint in 1931 when control was transferred to the Canadian government. The Royal Canadian Mint is renowned for producing some of the highest quality and purity of gold and silver bullion coins and bars in the world. Their high standards for excellence and quality allowed them to be the first refinery to manufacture 9999 fine gold bullion coins in 1982, as well as the first to reach 99999 fine gold purity in 1999.
|Royal Canadian Mint|
We make sure your metals are handled with the utmost care until the moment they reach your hands.
Your order will be packed within 2 business days of cleared payment. Orders with pre-sale items will ship once all items are in-stock.
Free shipping over $199
Orders over $199 ship for free! Orders under $199 ship for only $9.95.
Our trusted carriers
We ship via express courier or United States Postal Service. To ensure your complete confidence, every package we ship is fully insured and tracked, with a signature required upon delivery.
Every package we ship is fully insured. This means that you would receive a full refund or exchange in the extremely unlikely event that your package is lost or damaged during transit. Please remember to notify us of damage, tampering, or delivery issues within 24 hours of the signature or delivery date. Failure to notify us within this timeframe may impact our ability to cover your claim.
Up-to-the-minute transparent pricing with no hidden fees
Sell your metals back to us with ease
Tens of millions of dollars of in-stock inventory to fill an order of any size
We bring our heart to every moment of your buying experience
320,000 5-star reviews:
Earned from verified orders placed on our website
Safe & secure payments:
Explore our many easy ways to pay!
Fast secure shipping:
Every shipment is secure, discreet, and fully insured