2 oz 2022 Multifaceted Animal Family: Bald Eagles Silver Coin | Royal Canadian Mint
Buy with Confidence
Own a 2 oz. fine silver portrait that shows the bald eagle from a whole new angle. Order today!
Whether soaring in solitude or surveying from atop the tallest tree, the bald eagle is celebrated as a sharp-eyed symbol of strength. But the regal raptor can be surprisingly tender—it provides nourishment and models behaviours for its young to ensure that the next generation survives and thrives. This is a side of the bald eagle that often goes unseen, and it is represented on the reverse of this 2 oz. 99.99% fine silver coin, where multifaceted engraving adds dimension to the eagle and eaglets, resulting in a new and visually striking portrait that shows this species from a whole new angle.
Enjoy a unique view! Features two elements that are seldom seen: multifaceted engraving on a 2 oz. coin, and a glimpse of a bald eagle family. Order your coin today!
- A UNIQUE VIEW! See the animal world from a different angle with this Multifaceted Animal Family. The perfect fusion of modern engraving and classic art, its reverse design reveals a more tender side of an iconic species that is typically portrayed as a symbol of strength.
- MULTIFACETED ENGRAVING! This stunning 2 oz. coin features multifaceted engraving, an innovative approach to minting dimensional art. On the coin’s reverse, both the eagle and the eaglets are composed of multiple facets that elevate the art by reflecting light from various angles.
- 2 OUNCES OF PURE SILVER! Each coin is crafted in 2 oz. of 99.99% pure silver and features a 50 mm diameter—an uncommon size, but one that provides plenty of space for the unique artistry that makes this an unforgettable addition to any collection.
- MIX OF FINISHES! With a uniformly brilliant finish, many of the portrait’s finer details would get lost in the mix; so the Royal Canadian Mint approached this family portrait by using multiple finishes that help convey depth—from the frosted nest in the foreground to the frosted landscape in the background, and the brilliant facets of the eagles.
- OBVERSE PATTERN! On the coin’s obverse, an array of laser-engraved polygon shapes—a nod to the reverse—form a dynamic pattern behind the effigy.
- LOW MINTAGE! Limited to just 4,500 coins worldwide.
- INCLUDES SERIALIZED CERTIFICATE! The Royal Canadian Mint certifies all of its collector coins.
The reverse design by Canadian artist Steve Hepburn offers a rare glimpse of a bald eagle (Haliaeetus leucocephalus) family. The wildlife portrait is enhanced with multifaceted engraving that gives the parent and the three eaglets a more three-dimensional form, as the mother returns to her treetop nest. The obverse features a polygon pattern and the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt.
BEHIND CLOSED DOORS
"The Bald Eagle symbolizes strength, beauty and power, but it is also synonymous with characteristics like loyalty, wisdom and courage. This design uses a unique angle, from high up in the tree canopy, to show the magnificent eagle returning to her three eaglets and swooping down with outstretched wings, which showcases the beauty and structure of the feathers. The young birds are completely reliant on the skill and nurturing care of their parents for the first few months of life. Living on the coast of British Columbia, I am fortunate to see bald eagles on a regular basis, and when I come across a large nest, I’m always hopeful that I’ll hear the high-pitched chirps of eaglets."
- Steve Hepburn, Artist
DID YOU KNOW?
Bald eagles build the largest nests—these can average about 1 metre tall, though larger nests have been reported. It’s not clear whether the male or female selects the site, but they tend to nest in tall trees that provide them with a commanding view and easy flight access.
Eaglets hatch after a 35-day incubation period and remain in the nest for 10-12 weeks. During the first weeks, the parents will shield the young from the elements and carry food back to the nest. Young eagles develop their flight and hunting skills at their own pace, and they’re largely independent after the second month.
Each coin is encapsulated and presented in a black Royal Canadian Mint-branded clamshell with a black beauty box.
|Royal Canadian Mint|
We make sure your metals are handled with the utmost care until the moment they reach your hands.
Your order will be packed within 2 business days of cleared payment. Orders with pre-sale items will ship once all items are in-stock.
Free shipping over $199
Orders over $199 ship for free! Orders under $199 ship for only $9.95.
Our trusted carriers
We ship via express courier or United States Postal Service. To ensure your complete confidence, every package we ship is fully insured and tracked, with a signature required upon delivery.
Every package we ship is fully insured. This means that you would receive a full refund or exchange in the extremely unlikely event that your package is lost or damaged during transit. Please remember to notify us of damage, tampering, or delivery issues within 24 hours of the signature or delivery date. Failure to notify us within this timeframe may impact our ability to cover your claim.
Up-to-the-minute transparent pricing with no hidden fees
Sell your metals back to us with ease
Tens of millions of dollars of in-stock inventory to fill an order of any size
We bring our heart to every moment of your buying experience
320,000 5-star reviews:
Earned from verified orders placed on our website
Safe & secure payments:
Explore our many easy ways to pay!
Fast secure shipping:
Every shipment is secure, discreet, and fully insured