2 oz 2022 Robert Bateman: Snowy Owl on Driftwood Silver Coin | Royal Canadian Mint
Buy with Confidence
Own a limited-edition interpretation of a Robert Bateman original.
Hauntingly beautiful, the aptly named snowy owl (Bubo scandiacus) makes a powerful impression after touching down on this 2 oz. 99.99% pure silver coin. Its reverse design is an engraved interpretation of Snowy Owl on Driftwood, an original work of art by internationally renowned wildlife artist Robert Bateman. In this portrait, Canada’s most famous owl has turned its attention away from the viewer, but there’s no mistaking the intensity of its piercing stare, which suggests a steely determination and a quiet strength.
Add to your growing collection of Robert Bateman exclusives.
- A 2022 Robert Bateman exclusive. An exclusive opportunity to own an engraved interpretation of an original piece of art by internationally renowned wildlife artist, Robert Bateman. Each photo-realistic work of art tells a story and reflects the artist’s commitment to wildlife conservation and education.
- Fine silver art. Each coin is crafted from 2 oz. of 99.99% pure silver, which provides a generously sized (50 mm) canvas for all the finely engraved details that capture the spirit of the original art.
- Limited edition. This 2 oz.-sized offering puts Robert Bateman’s art within reach of many collectors, but given the artist’s popularity and a mintage of just 4,500, this coin will likely be a sought-after piece!
- NO GST/HST (if applicable)
CANADA'S MOST FAMOUS OWL
The coin’s reverse is a finely engraved rendering of Robert Bateman’s Snowy Owl on Driftwood. It is the latest addition to a growing list of Bateman originals that have appeared on Canadian coins, including 2019’s Into the Light – Lion, 2020’s Summertime Polar Bear and 2021’s Wolf Sketch. Collect them all!
THE ARTIST'S SIGNATURE
Just like a limited-edition print, the artist’s signature is engraved on each coin’s reverse.
DID YOU KNOW?
- Robert Bateman is an advocate of wildlife education through learning initiatives, such as those carried out by the Bateman Foundation (batemanfoundation.org). Based in Victoria, B.C., the Foundation oversees the Bateman Gallery of Nature, home to the largest permanent collection of Bateman’s original works. The artist has also donated millions of dollars worth of original art and limited-edition prints throughout the years to help fund conservation efforts across Canada.
DESIGN & ARTIST
The coin’s reverse features an engraved interpretation of Snowy Owl on Driftwood by Canadian wildlife artist Robert Bateman. A snowy owl (Bubo scandiacus) stares into the distance while regally perched on a pile of driftwood on the edge of a sandy shore. The reverse includes the text “CANADA 2022”, the denomination of “30 DOLLARS” and an engraved reproduction of the artist’s signature. The obverse features a field pattern and the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt.
"The snowy owl is a bird of the Arctic, however, very few of us are privileged to visit its summer breeding grounds on the tundra. Even if it were possible to do this, one would be very lucky to see a breeding pair. The area is so vast that the population spreads out and all but disappears. Its winter range in the south is limited to open agricultural land that has a normal winter snow cover where prey is easily visible. This owl is perched on some well-travelled driftwood along the edge of a winter lake. I enjoy speculating on the adventures that brought both owl and wood to this spot." ROBERT BATEMAN, ARTIST
Each coin is encapsulated and presented in a Royal Canadian Mint-branded clamshell with a black beauty box.
ABOUT THE ROYAL CANADIAN MINT
The Royal Canadian Mint is known as one of the most reputable mints in the world. The Ottawa Branch of the Royal Mint opened in 1908 and was renamed The Royal Canadian Mint in 1931 when control was transferred to the Canadian government. The Royal Canadian Mint is renowned for producing some of the highest quality and purity of gold and silver bullion coins and bars in the world. Their high standards for excellence and quality allowed them to be the first refinery to manufacture 9999 fine gold bullion coins in 1982, as well as the first to reach 99999 fine gold purity in 1999.
|Royal Canadian Mint|
We make sure your metals are handled with the utmost care until the moment they reach your hands.
Your order will be packed within 2 business days of cleared payment. Orders with pre-sale items will ship once all items are in-stock.
Free shipping over $199
Orders over $199 ship for free! Orders under $199 ship for only $9.95.
Our trusted carriers
We ship via express courier or United States Postal Service. To ensure your complete confidence, every package we ship is fully insured and tracked, with a signature required upon delivery.
Every package we ship is fully insured. This means that you would receive a full refund or exchange in the extremely unlikely event that your package is lost or damaged during transit. Please remember to notify us of damage, tampering, or delivery issues within 24 hours of the signature or delivery date. Failure to notify us within this timeframe may impact our ability to cover your claim.
Up-to-the-minute transparent pricing with no hidden fees
Sell your metals back to us with ease
Tens of millions of dollars of in-stock inventory to fill an order of any size
We bring our heart to every moment of your buying experience
320,000 5-star reviews:
Earned from verified orders placed on our website
Safe & secure payments:
Explore our many easy ways to pay!
Fast secure shipping:
Every shipment is secure, discreet, and fully insured