100 gram 2020 Real Shapes: The Beaver Silver Coin | Royal Canadian Mint
Buy with Confidence
A beaver, a lake, maple leaves… iconic scenes like this 1937 design have informed Canada's self-image for decades. Here, though, the beaver from Canada's 5-cent circulation coin takes on a life of its own. Designed within the shape of its own silhouette—rather than a traditional circular coin shape—this collectible has been carefully crafted for consistent weight without altering the shape, detail or proportions of the original subject. Part of a low-mintage 6-coin series!
Crafted in more than 3 ounces of pure silver, each coin is a fun take on a Canadian icon! Order today!
- WOW! This uniquely shaped coin is the third of the Royal Canadian Mint's 6-coin series of intricately shaped pure silver coins featuring iconic coin designs transcending their circular boundaries.
- SELECTIVE 24KT GOLD PLATING! Each coin is accented with 24kt gold plating!
- FUN PACKAGING! This coin comes packaged in a fun display case that highlights the uniqueness and beauty of each coin. And the special shaped capsule showcases the coin's silhouette.
- LOW MINTAGE! Limited to 1,200 coins worldwide.
- MORE THAN 3 OUNCES PURE SILVER! No GST/HST!
This coin has been specifically designed for consistent weight while also ensuring that the subject remains unaltered from the original in detail and proportions. From the 1937 5-cent coin reverse, the scene depicts a beaver standing on a rock surrounded by water. The image is portrayed within its own silhouette. The obverse features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt.
DID YOU KNOW?
- Prior to 1922, the 5-cent piece was a sterling silver coin of very small size—smaller than the present-day dime—giving it the nickname "fish scale." In 1922, the composition switched to pure nickel, lending the coin its new moniker, the "nickel."
- Between 1942 and 1963, Canadian nickels had 12 sides.
ABOUT THE ROYAL CANADIAN MINT
The Royal Canadian Mint is known as one of the most reputable mints in the world. The Ottawa Branch of the Royal Mint opened in 1908 and was renamed The Royal Canadian Mint in 1931 when control was transferred to the Canadian government. The Royal Canadian Mint is renowned for producing some of the highest quality and purity of gold and silver bullion coins and bars in the world. Their high standards for excellence and quality allowed them to be the first refinery to manufacture 9999 fine gold bullion coins in 1982, as well as the first to reach 99999 fine gold purity in 1999.
|Royal Canadian Mint|
|G.E. Kruger-Gray (reverse), Susanna Blunt (obverse)|
We make sure your metals are handled with the utmost care until the moment they reach your hands.
Your order will be packed within 2 business days of cleared payment. Orders with pre-sale items will ship once all items are in-stock.
Free shipping over $199
Orders over $199 ship for free! Orders under $199 ship for only $9.95.
Our trusted carriers
We ship via express courier or United States Postal Service. To ensure your complete confidence, every package we ship is fully insured and tracked, with a signature required upon delivery.
Every package we ship is fully insured. This means that you would receive a full refund or exchange in the extremely unlikely event that your package is lost or damaged during transit. Please remember to notify us of damage, tampering, or delivery issues within 24 hours of the signature or delivery date. Failure to notify us within this timeframe may impact our ability to cover your claim.
Up-to-the-minute transparent pricing with no hidden fees
Sell your metals back to us with ease
Tens of millions of dollars of in-stock inventory to fill an order of any size
We bring our heart to every moment of your buying experience
320,000 5-star reviews:
Earned from verified orders placed on our website
Safe & secure payments:
Explore our many easy ways to pay!
Fast secure shipping:
Every shipment is secure, discreet, and fully insured