2021 Royal Canadian Mint | Canadian Wildlife Portraits: The Caribou Gold Coin
Buy with Confidence
The caribou is the subject of the Royal Canadian Mint's 2021 .99999 pure gold animal portrait. Order today!
One of Canada's most iconic creatures is the caribou, an antlered resident of our untamed landscapes and a cornerstone of Indigenous culture. Its strength and resilience, as well as its agility and beauty, make it a fitting emblem of Canada itself. Its image never ceases to inspire, especially when captured in exceptionally fine detail and in the highest standard of gold purity (99.999% of five 9s), as seen on this numismatic work of art.
Yours to own: A magnificent ‘five nines’ portrait that is sure to inspire. Order yours today!
- THIRD COIN: This is Coin #3 in an annual wildlife-themed celebration that began with the cougar in 2019. Previous coins sold out – order your “five nines” caribou portrait today!
- THE HEIGHT OF GOLD PURITY: A gold purity level of 99.999% (“five nines”) makes this one of the purest gold coins in the world.
- LOW MINTAGE: Mintage is set to 450 coins available to collectors worldwide.
- AN ICON: By combining two different views, this design captures the majesty of the caribou and conveys its strength, even at rest.
- DETAILED ART: Every coin in this series is a limited-edition work of art that features strong textural details and subtle artistic nuances, all precisely engraved on a premium gold piece.
- INCLUDES SERIALIZED CERTIFICATE: The Royal Canadian Mint certifies all of its collector coins.
- NO GST/HST
Design: Designed by Canadian wildlife artist W. Allan Hancock, your coin’s reverse captures the majesty of the caribou (Rangifer tarandus)in an equally majestic alpine landscape. A close view allows for a detailed view of the caribou’s features, especially the antlers that reach up to the partly cloudy sky, while a second caribou steps into sight in the distance. Also engraved on the reverse are the word “CANADA” and the year “2021”. The obverse features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt.
"The bull’s most striking feature is its large antlers. By offering both a close-up and a full-body view, I hoped to present the caribou more completely." W. Allan Hancock, Artist
Did you know?
- There are over a million caribou in Canada, which is home to several types of them. The barren-ground caribou, which migrates seasonally from the tundra to our northern forests, is the most numerous; other types of caribou include the forest-dwelling woodland caribou and the smaller Peary caribou, which roams the Canadian Arctic Archipelago.
- Unlike other members of the deer family (Cervidae), both the male and female caribou carry antlers, which are shed and re-grown each year of their adult life. Males (bulls) shed their antlers in the fall, but females (cows) usually keep theirs through the winter.
Packaging: Your coin is encapsulated and presented in a Royal Canadian Mint-branded clamshell with a black beauty box.
|Royal Canadian Mint|
|W. Allan Hancock|
We make sure your metals are handled with the utmost care until the moment they reach your hands.
Your order will be packed within 2 business days of cleared payment. Orders with pre-sale items will ship once all items are in-stock.
Free shipping over $199
Orders over $199 ship for free! Orders under $199 ship for only $9.95.
Our trusted carriers
We ship via express courier or United States Postal Service. To ensure your complete confidence, every package we ship is fully insured and tracked, with a signature required upon delivery.
Every package we ship is fully insured. This means that you would receive a full refund or exchange in the extremely unlikely event that your package is lost or damaged during transit. Please remember to notify us of damage, tampering, or delivery issues within 24 hours of the signature or delivery date. Failure to notify us within this timeframe may impact our ability to cover your claim.
Up-to-the-minute transparent pricing with no hidden fees
Sell your metals back to us with ease
Tens of millions of dollars of in-stock inventory to fill an order of any size
We bring our heart to every moment of your buying experience
320,000 5-star reviews:
Earned from verified orders placed on our website
Safe & secure payments:
Explore our many easy ways to pay!
Fast secure shipping:
Every shipment is secure, discreet, and fully insured
Secure Your Future with Precious Metals IRA
Building a Brighter Tomorrow:
Diversify your IRA/401k with gold and silver, providing stability to your investment portfolio.
From account setup to selecting IRA-approved metals and coordinating secure storage in the USA, we offer a comprehensive service.
Transparency and Full Ownership:
Our transparent pricing policy ensures no hidden fees, and your investment in physical bullion is held securely on your behalf.
Diverse Investment Options:
Select from a variety of LBMA or COMEX-approved bullion, including gold, silver, platinum, and palladium.
Flexible Storage Options:
Choose your preferred storage location across the USA for fully insured storage of your metals.
Our team assists with every step, from setting up your IRA account to finalizing purchases, ensuring a hassle-free experience.
BOOK FREE CONSULTATION
Security and Convenience in Every Transaction
Your investments are protected in Brink's vaults, complete with armed guards and 24/7 surveillance. Each deposit is fully insured by Lloyd's of London, ensuring peace of mind.
Global Reach, Local Service:
With over $150 million in customer deposits across 6 locations in 4 countries, we offer unmatched service and accessibility.
Transparent and Low Rates:
Benefit from the lowest rates with 24/7 account balance updates, ensuring transparency at every step.
Through our Instant Liquidity program, expect the best rates and funds transfer within 1 business day.
Your holdings are confidential with us, thanks to our partnership with private entities like Silver Gold Depository, Lloyd's of London, and Brink's.