2022 Celebrating Oscar Peterson $1 Colourized Coin Roll | Royal Canadian Mint
Buy with Confidence
A joyous purple adds a more personal touch to our celebration of Oscar Peterson. Order today to add to your collection!
The 2022 Celebrating Oscar Peterson commemorative one-dollar coin reflects the pride Canadians feel for the legendary pianist whose love of music was evident in every performance. That sense of joy, and the powerful emotions conveyed through his music, are represented by a purple background on all 25 coins in each Colourized Special Wrap Roll. Neatly rolled up in a sleek paper wrap, these colourful coins form a lasting tribute to Oscar Peterson (1925-2007) and his music.
One roll gives you 25 colour-enhanced $1 coins.
- Canada celebrates Oscar Peterson! Piano virtuoso. Jazz legend. Composer, educator and advocate. Celebrate the extraordinary life, work and legacy of Canada’s Oscar Peterson (1925-2007) and his exceptional contributions to Canadian music and culture, as well as his reputation as one of the world’s most respected and influential jazz artists of all time.
- A neatly wrapped addition! Each Colourized Special Wrap Roll contains 25 Celebrating Oscar Peterson $1 coins enhanced with selective colour. These coins come wrapped together in a custom paper wrap that complements the coin design.
- Symbolic colour! Features Oscar Peterson’s favourite colour: purple. The colourful accent infuses our tribute with a little of his personality, and conveys the joy and love of music that were evident in every performance.
- Uncirculated coins! None of these coins have been circulated—they all have a newly minted quality.
- Lower mintage than 2021! Only 15,000 rolls are available.
- Only available for individual sale! All 25 coins in these Special Wrap Rolls are colour-enhanced versions of the commemorative one-dollar coin. For a roll of non-colour $1 coins, see our Special Wrap Roll Set or 2022 Special Wrap Roll Commemorative Collection.
DID YOU KNOW?
- Oscar Peterson began playing both the trumpet and the piano at the age of five. At the age of eight, Oscar decided to focus solely on the piano after his lungs were weakened by a year-long battle with tuberculosis.
- Oscar Peterson was a prolific performer and recording artist. His first recording, I Got Rhythm, was released in Canada in 1945. He went on to produce over 400 recordings in his career, including the popular albums Night Train (1962) and Canadiana Suite (1964), his “musical portrait of the Canada I love.”
- The Oscar Peterson Trio helped make Oscar Peterson a household name in the 1950s. The group’s composition changed several times through the years—it even became a quartet in 1974. He also played in duos and on hundreds of albums by other legendary artists, from Ella Fitzgerald to Louis Armstrong, who called him “the man with four hands.”
DESIGN & ARTIST
The Design Behind The Oscar Peterson Special Wrap Roll
Designed by Canadian artist Valentine De Landro, the reverse celebrates the life and legacy of Oscar Peterson (1925-2007), one of the greatest pianists of all time. It features a depiction of the musician seated at his piano, playing his powerful civil rights anthem Hymn to Freedom, while musical notes and chord symbols from that piece also appear in the design. On the $1 coin with selective colour, Peterson’s favourite colour (purple) conveys the joy and love of music that were evident every time he played. The obverse features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt.
ABOUT THE ROYAL CANADIAN MINT
The Royal Canadian Mint is known as one of the most reputable mints in the world. The Ottawa Branch of the Royal Mint opened in 1908 and was renamed The Royal Canadian Mint in 1931 when control was transferred to the Canadian government. The Royal Canadian Mint is renowned for producing some of the highest quality and purity of gold and silver bullion coins and bars in the world. Their high standards for excellence and quality allowed them to be the first refinery to manufacture 9999 fine gold bullion coins in 1982, as well as the first to reach 99999 fine gold purity in 1999.
|Royal Canadian Mint|
|Valentine De Landro|
We make sure your metals are handled with the utmost care until the moment they reach your hands.
Your order will be packed within 2 business days of cleared payment. Orders with pre-sale items will ship once all items are in-stock.
Free shipping over $199
Orders over $199 ship for free! Orders under $199 ship for only $9.95.
Our trusted carriers
We ship via express courier or United States Postal Service. To ensure your complete confidence, every package we ship is fully insured and tracked, with a signature required upon delivery.
Every package we ship is fully insured. This means that you would receive a full refund or exchange in the extremely unlikely event that your package is lost or damaged during transit. Please remember to notify us of damage, tampering, or delivery issues within 24 hours of the signature or delivery date. Failure to notify us within this timeframe may impact our ability to cover your claim.
Up-to-the-minute transparent pricing with no hidden fees
Sell your metals back to us with ease
Tens of millions of dollars of in-stock inventory to fill an order of any size
We bring our heart to every moment of your buying experience
320,000 5-star reviews:
Earned from verified orders placed on our website
Safe & secure payments:
Explore our many easy ways to pay!
Fast secure shipping:
Every shipment is secure, discreet, and fully insured
Secure Your Future with Precious Metals IRA
Building a Brighter Tomorrow:
Diversify your IRA/401k with gold and silver, providing stability to your investment portfolio.
From account setup to selecting IRA-approved metals and coordinating secure storage in the USA, we offer a comprehensive service.
Transparency and Full Ownership:
Our transparent pricing policy ensures no hidden fees, and your investment in physical bullion is held securely on your behalf.
Diverse Investment Options:
Select from a variety of LBMA or COMEX-approved bullion, including gold, silver, platinum, and palladium.
Flexible Storage Options:
Choose your preferred storage location across the USA for fully insured storage of your metals.
Our team assists with every step, from setting up your IRA account to finalizing purchases, ensuring a hassle-free experience.
BOOK FREE CONSULTATION
Security and Convenience in Every Transaction
Your investments are protected in Brink's vaults, complete with armed guards and 24/7 surveillance. Each deposit is fully insured by Lloyd's of London, ensuring peace of mind.
Global Reach, Local Service:
With over $150 million in customer deposits across 6 locations in 4 countries, we offer unmatched service and accessibility.
Transparent and Low Rates:
Benefit from the lowest rates with 24/7 account balance updates, ensuring transparency at every step.
Through our Instant Liquidity program, expect the best rates and funds transfer within 1 business day.
Your holdings are confidential with us, thanks to our partnership with private entities like Silver Gold Depository, Lloyd's of London, and Brink's.