2022 Alexander Graham Bell: Great Inventor Gold Coin | Royal Canadian Mint
Buy with Confidence
Own a 99.99% pure gold tribute to a giant of innovation. Order today!
The Royal Canadian Mint's gold tribute to Alexander Graham Bell! The telephone is the symbol of communication in our modern world, and the person associated with its invention is remembered for both his dedication to understanding the world around him, and for his ability to envision a brighter future. Bell’s contributions to many different fields are the foundations of a legacy that goes beyond any single invention; this is represented on this gold coin’s reverse, where an early telephone and its inventor are surrounded by patent drawings and blueprint illustrations that speak to Bell’s commitment to the advancement of science and technology.
Celebrate the legacy of Alexander Graham Bell and innovation in all its forms. Order today!
- A CANADIAN CELEBRATION OF INNOVATION! The year 2022 marks the 175th anniversary of the birth of Alexander Graham Bell (1847-1922), the great inventor whose interests and inventions had a profound impact on our modern world—and many of those advancements were made in Canada.
- A GOLD TRIBUTE! Impeccably crafted in 99.99% pure gold, this is the only gold coin within the Alexander Graham Bell: Great Inventor commemorative collection, which celebrates Bell’s achievements across several coins issued in 2022.
- INSPIRED BY PATENTS AND BLUEPRINTS! On the coin’s reverse, the laser-engraved outer rim is based on actual patent drawings and blueprint illustrations for several inventions and ideas attributed to Alexander Graham Bell. It’s an artistic celebration of science!
- AN EARLY TELEPHONE! This coin’s reverse includes a depiction of an experimental telephone transmitter built in 1876. The telephone is the invention that made Bell world-famous, and the one that paved the way for his other contributions to science and technology.
- A DAZZLING MIX OF ENGRAVING TECHNIQUES! To ensure none of the engraved details are lost in the mix, the Royal Canadian Mint used different engraving techniques and frostings—like the laser-engraved outer rim—to create an interplay of light and shadows that adds depth to the design.
- A LIMITED COLLECTIBLE! Only 2,000 coins are available to collectors worldwide.
- INCLUDES SERIALIZED CERTIFICATE! The Royal Canadian Mint certifies all of its collector coins.
Designed by Canadian artist Simon Ng, this coin’s reverse features a portrait of Alexander Graham Bell (1847-1922) and a depiction of the liquid transmitter that served as an experimental telephone in 1876. The outer rim features a mix of laser-engraved patent drawings and blueprint illustrations of some of Bell’s many inventions. The obverse features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt.
“With insatiable curiosity, Dr. Bell constantly sought ways to better the world. After losing two brothers to tuberculosis, he considered methods to generate clean energy that would not exacerbate what he called the "Greenhouse effect." When he lost his two premature sons, he devised an apparatus that was the precursor to the iron lung. Bell was a true visionary, seeing beyond all horizons, from sound transmission and recording, to photo phone and human flight.” - Marian Weissman, Teacher and Bell descendent
DID YOU KNOW?
- In his lifetime, Bell had more than 18 patents to his name, and 12 more that he shared with collaborators. Many of his other ideas would be expanded upon by inventors and scientists who left their own marks on our modern world.
This coin is encapsulated and presented in a Royal Canadian Mint-branded clamshell with a black beauty box.
Personality rights of ALEXANDER GRAHAM BELL are used with the permission of Alexander and Mabel Bell Legacy Foundation.
ABOUT THE ROYAL CANADIAN MINT
The Royal Canadian Mint is known as one of the most reputable mints in the world. The Ottawa Branch of the Royal Mint opened in 1908 and was renamed The Royal Canadian Mint in 1931 when control was transferred to the Canadian government. The Royal Canadian Mint is renowned for producing some of the highest quality and purity of gold and silver bullion coins and bars in the world. Their high standards for excellence and quality allowed them to be the first refinery to manufacture 9999 fine gold bullion coins in 1982, as well as the first to reach 99999 fine gold purity in 1999.
|Royal Canadian Mint
We make sure your metals are handled with the utmost care until the moment they reach your hands.
Your order will be packed within 2 business days of cleared payment. Orders with pre-sale items will ship once all items are in-stock.
Free shipping over $199
Orders over $199 ship for free! Orders under $199 ship for only $9.95.
Our trusted carriers
We ship via express courier or United States Postal Service. To ensure your complete confidence, every package we ship is fully insured and tracked, with a signature required upon delivery.
Every package we ship is fully insured. This means that you would receive a full refund or exchange in the extremely unlikely event that your package is lost or damaged during transit. Please remember to notify us of damage, tampering, or delivery issues within 24 hours of the signature or delivery date. Failure to notify us within this timeframe may impact our ability to cover your claim.
Up-to-the-minute transparent pricing with no hidden fees
Sell your metals back to us with ease
Tens of millions of dollars of in-stock inventory to fill an order of any size
We bring our heart to every moment of your buying experience
320,000 5-star reviews:
Earned from verified orders placed on our website
Safe & secure payments:
Explore our many easy ways to pay!
Fast secure shipping:
Every shipment is secure, discreet, and fully insured
Secure Your Future with Precious Metals IRA
Building a Brighter Tomorrow:
Diversify your IRA/401k with gold and silver, providing stability to your investment portfolio.
From account setup to selecting IRA-approved metals and coordinating secure storage in the USA, we offer a comprehensive service.
Transparency and Full Ownership:
Our transparent pricing policy ensures no hidden fees, and your investment in physical bullion is held securely on your behalf.
Diverse Investment Options:
Select from a variety of LBMA or COMEX-approved bullion, including gold, silver, platinum, and palladium.
Flexible Storage Options:
Choose your preferred storage location across the USA for fully insured storage of your metals.
Our team assists with every step, from setting up your IRA account to finalizing purchases, ensuring a hassle-free experience.
BOOK FREE CONSULTATION
Security and Convenience in Every Transaction
Your investments are protected in Brink's vaults, complete with armed guards and 24/7 surveillance. Each deposit is fully insured by Lloyd's of London, ensuring peace of mind.
Global Reach, Local Service:
With over $150 million in customer deposits across 6 locations in 4 countries, we offer unmatched service and accessibility.
Transparent and Low Rates:
Benefit from the lowest rates with 24/7 account balance updates, ensuring transparency at every step.
Through our Instant Liquidity program, expect the best rates and funds transfer within 1 business day.
Your holdings are confidential with us, thanks to our partnership with private entities like Silver Gold Depository, Lloyd's of London, and Brink's.