2022 Alexander Graham Bell: Great Inventor Proof Dollar Silver Coin | Royal Canadian Mint
Buy with Confidence
Solving problems, one innovation at a time: The 2022 Proof Dollar celebrates Alexander Graham Bell’s spirit of innovation. Order today!
A dedication to understanding the world around him and an ability to envision a brighter future were the driving forces of Alexander Graham Bell's (1847-1922) life. In honour of the 175th anniversary of his birth, the 2022 Proof Dollar celebrates Bell's lifelong commitment to science, innovation and ingenuity.
More than just the telephone, Bell's many inventions and varied pursuits made him a significant contributor to our modern world. Those contributions, along with key words from his life story, are listed in the word-art portrait featured on the 2022 Proof Dollar, which harnesses the power of language to present a more complete picture of this Great Inventor.
A word-art portrait of innovation! Celebrate the life and legacy of Alexander Graham Bell with the 2022 Proof Dollar! Order today!
- A CANADIAN CELEBRATION OF INNOVATION! The year 2022 marks the 175th anniversary of the birth of Alexander Graham Bell (1847-1922), the great inventor whose interests and inventions had a profound impact on our modern world—and many of those advancements were made in Canada.
- FLAGSHIP COLLECTOR COIN! The Alexander Graham Bell: Great Inventor commemorative collection highlights Bell's achievements across several coins in 2022, beginning with this year's Fine Silver Proof Dollar.
- A WORD-ART PORTRAIT! Precisely etched in 99.99% pure silver, the Proof Dollar's word-art portrait takes visual storytelling to a whole new level by incorporating key words that form a more complete (and compelling) story. It's also a fitting tribute to a person who spent much of his life studying communication.
- AN 1876 TELEPHONE! The telephone is the invention that made Bell world famous, and the one that paved the way for his other contributions to science and technology. The Proof Dollar's reverse includes a depiction of his experimental model from 1876.
- INCLUDES HIS SIGNATURE! Like the 2021 Proof Dollar, this 2022 tribute to a visionary includes a personal touch: an engraved reproduction of Bell's signature.
- LIMITED MINTAGE! Limited to 50,000 worldwide.
- INCLUDES SERIALIZED CERTIFICATE! The Royal Canadian Mint certifies all of its collector coins.
The 2022 Fine Silver Proof Dollar features a reverse design by Canadian artist and RCM translation and official languages specialist, Armand Nina. Its word-art portrait of inventor Alexander Graham Bell (1847-1922) is composed of various words that represent different aspects of his life, accomplishments and legacy. An experimental model of Bell's most famous contribution to science and technology, the telephone, appears to the left of the inventor, while Bell's signature appears near the rim. The reverse includes the word "CANADA", the face value, "DOLLAR" and the year "2022". The obverse features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt.
"Each coin from the Royal Canadian Mint tells a story, and given the tiny surface area of a coin's reverse, I was inspired to create a word-art portrait. While this technique allowed for a more encompassing storytelling of the real genius of Alexander Graham Bell, it was even more challenging in terms of trying to maintain resemblance to the real Bell, given the constraints of forcing fonts into mimicking subtle facial features that usually convey likeness."– Armand Nina, Artist
"At an early age, Alexander Graham Bell learned from his father that problems are challenges to be solved. He held on to this conviction throughout his 75 years, working to improve our lives and helping us navigate a modern world by breaking down barriers, bringing us closer together, and teaching us to embrace the hand-in-hand realms of science and nature." – Elsie Myers Martin, Mathematician, choreographer and Bell descendent
DID YOU KNOW?
- He was baptized Alexander Bell—"Graham" came later. Bell added "Graham" to his name when he was 11 years old (he chose the name out of admiration for a family friend). Both his father and grandfather were also named Alexander Bell.
- Brantford, Ontario is the Telephone City. After accepting a teaching position in 1871, Bell divided his time between Boston and the family homestead in Brantford, Ont., where he had a workshop for his sound experiments. He was in Brantford when he got the idea for his "electric telephone" that would later revolutionize communications, and the first long-distancetelephone call was made from Brantford to Paris, Ont.
The coin is encapsulated and presented in a Royal Canadian Mint-branded clamshell with a black beauty box.
Personality rights of ALEXANDER GRAHAM BELL are used with the permission of Alexander and Mabel Bell Legacy Foundation.
ABOUT THE ROYAL CANADIAN MINT
The Royal Canadian Mint is known as one of the most reputable mints in the world. The Ottawa Branch of the Royal Mint opened in 1908 and was renamed The Royal Canadian Mint in 1931 when control was transferred to the Canadian government. The Royal Canadian Mint is renowned for producing some of the highest quality and purity of gold and silver bullion coins and bars in the world. Their high standards for excellence and quality allowed them to be the first refinery to manufacture 9999 fine gold bullion coins in 1982, as well as the first to reach 99999 fine gold purity in 1999.
|Royal Canadian Mint|
We make sure your metals are handled with the utmost care until the moment they reach your hands.
Your order will be packed within 2 business days of cleared payment. Orders with pre-sale items will ship once all items are in-stock.
Free shipping over $199
Orders over $199 ship for free! Orders under $199 ship for only $9.95.
Our trusted carriers
We ship via express courier or United States Postal Service. To ensure your complete confidence, every package we ship is fully insured and tracked, with a signature required upon delivery.
Every package we ship is fully insured. This means that you would receive a full refund or exchange in the extremely unlikely event that your package is lost or damaged during transit. Please remember to notify us of damage, tampering, or delivery issues within 24 hours of the signature or delivery date. Failure to notify us within this timeframe may impact our ability to cover your claim.
Up-to-the-minute transparent pricing with no hidden fees
Sell your metals back to us with ease
Tens of millions of dollars of in-stock inventory to fill an order of any size
We bring our heart to every moment of your buying experience
320,000 5-star reviews:
Earned from verified orders placed on our website
Safe & secure payments:
Explore our many easy ways to pay!
Fast secure shipping:
Every shipment is secure, discreet, and fully insured
Secure Your Future with Precious Metals IRA
Building a Brighter Tomorrow:
Diversify your IRA/401k with gold and silver, providing stability to your investment portfolio.
From account setup to selecting IRA-approved metals and coordinating secure storage in the USA, we offer a comprehensive service.
Transparency and Full Ownership:
Our transparent pricing policy ensures no hidden fees, and your investment in physical bullion is held securely on your behalf.
Diverse Investment Options:
Select from a variety of LBMA or COMEX-approved bullion, including gold, silver, platinum, and palladium.
Flexible Storage Options:
Choose your preferred storage location across the USA for fully insured storage of your metals.
Our team assists with every step, from setting up your IRA account to finalizing purchases, ensuring a hassle-free experience.
BOOK FREE CONSULTATION
Security and Convenience in Every Transaction
Your investments are protected in Brink's vaults, complete with armed guards and 24/7 surveillance. Each deposit is fully insured by Lloyd's of London, ensuring peace of mind.
Global Reach, Local Service:
With over $150 million in customer deposits across 6 locations in 4 countries, we offer unmatched service and accessibility.
Transparent and Low Rates:
Benefit from the lowest rates with 24/7 account balance updates, ensuring transparency at every step.
Through our Instant Liquidity program, expect the best rates and funds transfer within 1 business day.
Your holdings are confidential with us, thanks to our partnership with private entities like Silver Gold Depository, Lloyd's of London, and Brink's.