1 kilo 2022 Lunar Year of the Tiger Gold Coin | Royal Canadian Mint
Buy with Confidence
An auspicious start to the new year! Welcome the Year of the Tiger with this 99.99% pure gold kilo coin!
The new Royal Canadian Mint Lunar series begins in 2022, the Year of the Tiger, and the king of all beasts has never looked more fearless than on this kilo-sized 99.99% pure gold masterpiece. Much like the noble creature itself, those born in the year of the Tiger are strong, courageous and capable. They are natural leaders with a penchant for adventure and a desire to live life to the fullest. In a year associated with the Water element, they are also adaptable and open to new opportunities. Though the Water Tiger craves new experiences, it remains hard working, driven and dependable — a mighty combination that can lead to great success and fortune. Ready to face new challenges, your bold Tiger spirit is worthy of a big celebration in 2022. Order your Lunar Year of the Tiger gold kilo coin today!
- HIGHLY EXCLUSIVE — ONLY 33 MINTED! Just 33 of these coins are available to collectors worldwide. This exclusive collectible is a must-have for collectors who have an eye for beauty, a love of craftsmanship and an interest in rare numismatic treasures.
- NEW LUNAR SERIES, NEW SHAPE! The Royal Canadian Mint's Lunar Lotus series ended with the Year of the Ox (2021). This coin marks the start of a new 12-year series of coins featuring a round shape that symbolizes harmony.
- ONE KILOGRAM OF 99.99% PURE GOLD! This large coin (102 mm) features precision-engraved art, a mix of expertly applied frostings and a mirror-like proof finish that highlights the refined beauty of 99.99% pure gold.
- YOUR LUCKY TIGER: To attract good luck for 2022, your coin features an intricate design filled with auspicious symbols, especially for a person born in 1926, 1938, 1950, 1962, 1974, 1986, 1998, 2010 and 2022.
- A LUXURIOUS DISPLAY: Your coin is encapsulated and elegantly presented in a red lacquered wood case with a red outer box, evoking the Chinese New Year custom of gifting “lucky money” in a red envelope..
- INCLUDES SERIALIZED CERTIFICATE! The Royal Canadian Mint certifies all of its collector coins.
- NO GST/HST
Design: Inspired by traditional Chinese brush paintings, Canadian artist Aries Cheung offers a modern take on the classic image of the Tiger descending the mountain. The Tiger has descended from the auspicious clouds representing mobility and stature, and has adopted a stance that emphasizes its power and authority. Its lucky flower, the Asiatic lily, adds floral yin energy to counter the Tiger’s yang masculinity, while its wing-like fur hints at a divine association. In the sky, the stylized sun is seen radiating energy and bears the Chinese character for “Tiger”. Also in the background, the rolling waves represent Water, the dominant element for 2022; and where Water meets Land, these two elements become opposite but balanced forces (yin and yang). The reverse also includes the year “2022”, the word “CANADA” and the face value, “2500 DOLLARS”. The obverse features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt and a repeating scallop pattern.
Did you know?
- Years of the Tiger: You’re a Tiger if you were born in 1926, 1938, 1950, 1962, 1974, 1986, 1998, 2010 or 2022. In Chinese culture, the Tiger is considered to be an especially lucky symbol, but if you’re born under the Tiger sign, you can boost your luck with the numbers 1, 3 and 4.
- The Tiger is the third sign in the Chinese zodiac. According to Chinese mythology, the order of the signs was determined in a great race organized by the Jade Emperor. The Rat finished first by riding atop the Ox, which came in second. The current slowed the Tiger during the river crossing, but the Tiger pressed on and claimed the third spot in the zodiac.
- Each animal sign also falls under the influence of one of the five elements. It depends on the year in which you were born: if your birth year ends with the number 0 or 1, your element is Metal (e.g. 2021 was the year of the Metal Ox); if it ends with 2 or 3, your element is Water; if it ends with 4 or 5, your element is Wood; if it’s 6 or 7, your element is Fire; and if it’s 8 or 9, your element is Earth. Each element shapes a person’s personality based on its natural properties or characteristics – for example, water can be adaptable and calming, but it can also overwhelm and easily change direction. This means a Water Tiger has a strong sense of self-esteem and a calm mind, but risks being indecisive or unwilling to listen to others.
Packaging: For an elegant presentation, your Lunar Year of the Tiger coin is housed in a red lacquered wood case with a red outer box, evoking the Chinese New Year custom of gifting “lucky money” in a red envelope.
|Royal Canadian Mint|
We make sure your metals are handled with the utmost care until the moment they reach your hands.
Your order will be packed within 2 business days of cleared payment. Orders with pre-sale items will ship once all items are in-stock.
Free shipping over $199
Orders over $199 ship for free! Orders under $199 ship for only $9.95.
Our trusted carriers
We ship via express courier or United States Postal Service. To ensure your complete confidence, every package we ship is fully insured and tracked, with a signature required upon delivery.
Every package we ship is fully insured. This means that you would receive a full refund or exchange in the extremely unlikely event that your package is lost or damaged during transit. Please remember to notify us of damage, tampering, or delivery issues within 24 hours of the signature or delivery date. Failure to notify us within this timeframe may impact our ability to cover your claim.
Up-to-the-minute transparent pricing with no hidden fees
Sell your metals back to us with ease
Tens of millions of dollars of in-stock inventory to fill an order of any size
We bring our heart to every moment of your buying experience
320,000 5-star reviews:
Earned from verified orders placed on our website
Safe & secure payments:
Explore our many easy ways to pay!
Fast secure shipping:
Every shipment is secure, discreet, and fully insured