3 oz 2022 Canadian Collage Silver Coin | Royal Canadian Mint
Buy with Confidence
Celebrate Canada in a unique, colourful way with this 3 oz. fine silver collage.
Canada in colour! Gorgeous grasslands, show-stopping shorelines, mighty mountains, and more—all of these breathtaking places exist within our borders, and each contains its own assortment of beautiful flora and fauna. Inspired by the Royal Canadian Mint's classic circulation coin designs, this 3 oz. coin’s colour-over-engraved portrait celebrates the diversity of our landscapes through the seasons, and it’s all framed by the mighty maple leaf that proudly identifies Canada to the world.
Iconic wildlife and landscapes come together to represent Canada as a whole.
- A portrait of Canada. Celebrate the natural beauty of Canada in a unique way! Some of the most iconic Canadian landscapes and wildlife are included in this 3 oz. fine silver collage, which illustrates how nature is a key part of our national identity.
- Preserved in fine silver. Masterfully crafted in 3 oz. of the world’s finest silver (99.99% pure), this 55 mm coin is a portrait of Canada that leaves a lasting impression.
- Low mintage. Only 3,000 coins are available to collectors worldwide.
- Includes serialized certificate. The Royal Canadian Mint certifies all of its collector coins.
IMAGES THAT INSPIRE NATIONAL PRIDE
From east to west and across the north, the reverse design whisks you on a cross-country journey to some of Canada’s most amazing places and sights.
On the coin’s reverse, a large maple leaf gives shape to the eye-catching collage of colour-over-engraved images that inspire pride for Canada’s incredibly diverse—and highly photogenic—landscapes.
A NOD TO ROYAL CANADIAN MINT'S CIRCULATION COINS
Take a close look at the animals featured here: they’re based on the Royal Canadian Mint's animal-themed circulation coin designs! The polar bear ($2), the loon ($1), the caribou (25 cents) and the beaver (5 cents) are each depicted in their natural habitat.
DID YOU KNOW?
- If you’re hoping to see the aurora borealis in person, nature’s most colourful light show is best viewed between September and April in Northern Canada. Yellowknife, N.T. is a prime Canadian destination for viewing these “Northern Lights” on a clear night, but it’s possible to catch a glimpse of it from elsewhere in Canada during a period of heightened geomagnetic activity.
- The famous Niagara Falls are actually three separate waterfalls that straddle the Canada-United States border—the largest one, the Horseshoe Falls (featured on this coin), is mostly located on the Canadian side. In the summer, more than 168,000 cubic metres of water rush over the falls every minute during peak hours (the flow is impacted by nearby hydroelectric plants). All of that water erodes the crest of the falls at an estimated rate of 1 foot every year, although it could be reduced further to 1 foot every 10 years.
DESIGN & ARTIST
The reverse design by artist Caitlin Lindstrom-Milne features several engraved maple leaves in the breeze; these form a backdrop to a larger maple leaf, which gives shape to a colour-over-engraved collage of iconic Canadian landscapes and fauna. These famous sights are, clockwise from the top: the aurora borealis; the Canadian Rocky Mountains; a forest in autumn; Niagara Falls; the red cliffs of Prince Edward Island; wheat fields representing the Prairie Provinces; Arctic glaciers; and a quiet lake setting. The animals from Canada’s circulation coins (the caribou, beaver, polar bear and loon) are also depicted in their natural habitat, while the bottom of the design is edged with wildflowers—bunchberry (Cornus canadensis), fireweed (Chamerion angustifolium) and the western red lily (Lilium philadelphicum). The obverse features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt.
“I took a surrealistic approach to this piece by having different elements of the Canadian landscapes blending into one another to create one harmonious illustration. It was an exciting challenge to capture Canada through the seasons, and I did this by utilizing warm and cool tones throughout the design while maintaining a nice balance.” CAITLIN LINDSTROM-MILNE, ARTIST Alicia Cook Sapene, Product Manager, Royal Canadian Mint
“Nature is one of Canada's greatest gifts! With this coin design, we wanted to capture the natural splendour of this land by featuring several awe-inspiring landscapes within the shape of our beloved maple leaf. It was a real joy working with Caitlin to bring this vision to life.” ALICIA COOK SAPENE, PRODUCT MANAGER, ROYAL CANADIAN MINT
Each coin is encapsulated and presented in a Royal Canadian Mint-branded clamshell with a black beauty box.
ABOUT THE ROYAL CANADIAN MINT
The Royal Canadian Mint is known as one of the most reputable mints in the world. The Ottawa Branch of the Royal Mint opened in 1908 and was renamed The Royal Canadian Mint in 1931 when control was transferred to the Canadian government. The Royal Canadian Mint is renowned for producing some of the highest quality and purity of gold and silver bullion coins and bars in the world. Their high standards for excellence and quality allowed them to be the first refinery to manufacture 9999 fine gold bullion coins in 1982, as well as the first to reach 99999 fine gold purity in 1999.
|Royal Canadian Mint|
|Caitlin Lindstrom-Milne (reverse), Susanna Blunt (obverse)|
We make sure your metals are handled with the utmost care until the moment they reach your hands.
Your order will be packed within 2 business days of cleared payment. Orders with pre-sale items will ship once all items are in-stock.
Free shipping over $199
Orders over $199 ship for free! Orders under $199 ship for only $9.95.
Our trusted carriers
We ship via express courier or United States Postal Service. To ensure your complete confidence, every package we ship is fully insured and tracked, with a signature required upon delivery.
Every package we ship is fully insured. This means that you would receive a full refund or exchange in the extremely unlikely event that your package is lost or damaged during transit. Please remember to notify us of damage, tampering, or delivery issues within 24 hours of the signature or delivery date. Failure to notify us within this timeframe may impact our ability to cover your claim.
Up-to-the-minute transparent pricing with no hidden fees
Sell your metals back to us with ease
Tens of millions of dollars of in-stock inventory to fill an order of any size
We bring our heart to every moment of your buying experience
300,000 5-star reviews:
Earned from verified orders placed on our website
Safe & secure payments:
Explore our many easy ways to pay!
Fast secure shipping:
Every shipment is secure, discreet, and fully insured