5 oz 2022 Royal Canadian Mint | Holiday Splendour Silver Coin
Buy with Confidence
Tilt the coin for a magical Santa sleigh ride. Order today!
A magical sight for all ages! Spread holiday cheer with this interactive coin that is sure to put a smile on everyone’s face. Surrounded by engraved snowflakes and a gold-plated holiday garland, a picturesque winter village cast in sterling silver rises up from the centre of your 5 oz. pure silver coin. It is an enchanting scene that evokes the magic of Christmas Eve—especially when you tilt the coin to make Santa and his reindeer fly!
The Royal Canadian Mint's latest 3D movement coin features a special visit from Santa! Order today!
- NEW MOVEMENT COIN! Celebrate the magic of Christmas with RCM's latest interactive design, which features Santa Claus and his flying reindeer.
- SILVER AND GOLD (PLATING)! Silver and gold are a classic holiday colour scheme, and on this coin, they create a luxurious colour contrast. Selective gold plating highlights the rim on both sides of the coin, as well as the effigy on the obverse and the retro-inspired garland engraved on the reverse.
- A MINIATURE CHRISTMAS VILLAGE! The coin’s reverse features two elements cast in sterling silver (92.5% pure): a picture-perfect winter village as a 3D centrepiece; and Santa’s gravity-activated sleigh—tilt the coin and watch him fly around the village. Upon closer inspection, you’ll discover an incredible array of carefully sculpted details on both elements.
- 5 OZ. OF PURE SILVER! Crafted in 5 oz. of 99.99% pure silver, the coin’s large diameter (65 mm) provides ample space for engraved snowflakes and snowdrifts that perfectly complement the snow-covered village centrepiece. And it’s all framed by a dazzling holiday garland composed of vintage-inspired elements—sleigh bells, classic Christmas toys, candy canes and more!
- PREVIOUS COINS SOLD OUT! This is RCM's fourth movement coin, but only the second holiday-themed one. All previous coins sold out, and this one is sure to be one of the most admired pieces in your collection.
- INCLUDES SERIALIZED CERTIFICATE! The Royal Canadian Mint certifies all of its collector coins.
Design: Designed by RCM Engraver Ryan Poser, the coin’s reverse features a winter village centrepiece cast in sterling silver. Rising up from the snowflakes and snow piles engraved around its base, the 3D village is covered in a blanket of freshly fallen snow. All is still on this Christmas Eve as residents await a visit from Santa Claus, who appears in the sky; cast in sterling silver and activated by gravity, Santa’s reindeer-led sleigh flies around the village whenever the coin is tilted. Selective gold plating adds colour to the rim and to the magnificent holiday garland that surrounds this magical scene. The obverse features a maple leaf field pattern and the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt.
“Getting the opportunity to design and sculpt my own coin is a great honour, and a three-dimensional movement coin gave me lots to work with. On a technical level, it’s always a challenge to create a detailed model that holds up to the casting process at this scale—all the elements have to be recognisable from a distance, but you also need details that stand out when you get up close and take it all in. From an artist’s perspective, I really wanted to capture the magic of Christmas Eve, complete with sparkling snowflakes and snowdrifts that blanket the village where children are anticipating a visit from Santa and his reindeer.” – Ryan Poser, Artist/Engraver
Did you know?
- Each year on Christmas Eve (Dec. 24), North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD) uses its aerospace technology to track Santa’s flight path during his annual delivery run. It’s a tradition that began in 1955, when a child attempted to call Santa but accidentally dialled the phone number for Continental Air Defense Command (CONAD), the predecessor to NORAD.
- We’re used to seeing images of Santa Claus with a white beard and a red suit, but he had a few different looks prior to the 20th century. We only found out about his chimney delivery method in 1809, and it was the 1822 poem, “The Night Before Christmas” (originally titled “A Visit from St. Nicholas”), that first revealed the names of his flying reindeer.
Packaging This coin is elegantly presented in a domed case with a Royal Canadian Mint-branded wooden base, and packaged in a black beauty box.
|Royal Canadian Mint
We make sure your metals are handled with the utmost care until the moment they reach your hands.
Your order will be packed within 2 business days of cleared payment. Orders with pre-sale items will ship once all items are in-stock.
Free shipping over $199
Orders over $199 ship for free! Orders under $199 ship for only $9.95.
Our trusted carriers
We ship via express courier or United States Postal Service. To ensure your complete confidence, every package we ship is fully insured and tracked, with a signature required upon delivery.
Every package we ship is fully insured. This means that you would receive a full refund or exchange in the extremely unlikely event that your package is lost or damaged during transit. Please remember to notify us of damage, tampering, or delivery issues within 24 hours of the signature or delivery date. Failure to notify us within this timeframe may impact our ability to cover your claim.
Up-to-the-minute transparent pricing with no hidden fees
Sell your metals back to us with ease
Tens of millions of dollars of in-stock inventory to fill an order of any size
We bring our heart to every moment of your buying experience
320,000 5-star reviews:
Earned from verified orders placed on our website
Safe & secure payments:
Explore our many easy ways to pay!
Fast secure shipping:
Every shipment is secure, discreet, and fully insured
Secure Your Future with Precious Metals IRA
Building a Brighter Tomorrow:
Diversify your IRA/401k with gold and silver, providing stability to your investment portfolio.
From account setup to selecting IRA-approved metals and coordinating secure storage in the USA, we offer a comprehensive service.
Transparency and Full Ownership:
Our transparent pricing policy ensures no hidden fees, and your investment in physical bullion is held securely on your behalf.
Diverse Investment Options:
Select from a variety of LBMA or COMEX-approved bullion, including gold, silver, platinum, and palladium.
Flexible Storage Options:
Choose your preferred storage location across the USA for fully insured storage of your metals.
Our team assists with every step, from setting up your IRA account to finalizing purchases, ensuring a hassle-free experience.
BOOK FREE CONSULTATION
Security and Convenience in Every Transaction
Your investments are protected in Brink's vaults, complete with armed guards and 24/7 surveillance. Each deposit is fully insured by Lloyd's of London, ensuring peace of mind.
Global Reach, Local Service:
With over $150 million in customer deposits across 6 locations in 4 countries, we offer unmatched service and accessibility.
Transparent and Low Rates:
Benefit from the lowest rates with 24/7 account balance updates, ensuring transparency at every step.
Through our Instant Liquidity program, expect the best rates and funds transfer within 1 business day.
Your holdings are confidential with us, thanks to our partnership with private entities like Silver Gold Depository, Lloyd's of London, and Brink's.