5 oz 2022 Royal Canadian Mint | Peace Dollar Silver Coin
Buy with Confidence
Introducing Canada’s first 5 oz. pure silver Peace Dollar. Order today!
Be the first to own the Royal Canadian Mint's new 5 oz. fine silver Peace Dollar! In 1957, Canadian Lester B. Pearson won a Nobel Peace Prize for organizing the first UN peacekeeping force, and that legacy of peace and international cooperation remains at the core of Canada's national identity today. Pride in Canada's peacekeeping heritage is evident on the 2022 Peace Dollar, which is now available in a larger 5 oz. 99.99% pure silver format. Struck in Ultra High Relief (UHR), the 65 mm reverse features a field pattern that pulsates whenever the coin is tilted, while the obverse offers a magnified (non-pulsating) view of the engraved elements that create this optical effect.
New for 2022: Canada’s “pulsating” Peace Dollar in a 5 oz. format! Order today.
- RCM's FIRST 5 OZ. PEACE DOLLAR! New for 2022, Canada’s Peace Dollar is available in a larger 5 oz. 99.99% pure silver format. Its 65 mm reverse pulsates with pride and hope for global peace, thanks to photonic technology.
- A PULSATING FIELD! The reverse features a pulsating pattern that appears to expand and contract whenever the coin is tilted. This optical effect is produced by an array of sub-millimetre-scale mirrors that have been micro-engineered and precisely engraved to reflect light and create the illusion of motion—like hope radiating outward.
- LARGER PATTERN! A bigger coin size allows for a bigger field pattern: the pulsating pattern on this coin’s reverse is much larger than the one engraved on the 1 oz. fine silver and pure gold Peace Dollars.
- PATTERN ON THE OBVERSE! The obverse features a (lasered) field pattern too! The repeating geometric images are actually a magnified (and non-pulsating) view of the engraved mirrors that form the pulsating pattern on the reverse.
- ULTRA HIGH RELIEF! UHR technology lifts the design to greater heights by adding extra depth and detail to this inspiring personification of peace.
- FIVE OUNCES OF LUMINOUS SILVER! This coin features a luminous proof finish to ensure every crisply engraved detail stands out—from the strands of hair to the maple leaves in Lady Peace’s crown.
- INCLUDES SERIALIZED CERTIFICATE! The Royal Canadian Mint certifies all of its collector coins.
- NO GST/HST
Struck in Ultra High Relief (UHR), this Peace Dollar’s reverse features a pulsating pattern behind the allegorical image of peace designed by retired RCM Senior Engraver, Susan Taylor. Lady Peace is depicted in profile with her hair crowned in a wreath of maple leaves and olive branches. She is flanked by her name, “PAX” (the Latin word for “Peace”), and the year “2022”, while Canada’s national motto, “A MARI USQUE AD MARE” (“From sea to sea”) appears overhead. The obverse features a lasered (non-pulsating) magnified view of the reverse’s field pattern behind the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt.
Did you know?
- Depicted on this coin’s reverse, Lady Peace made her first appearance on the 2019 Peace and Liberty medal and has since become a fixture on Canada’s annual Peace Dollar (2020, 2021, 2022). Her crown of maple leaves and olive branches is a symbolic representation of the core Canadian values of peace, order and good government.
- Lester B. Pearson wasn't the only one to receive the Nobel Peace Prize for his peacekeeping efforts. In 1988, thousands of Canadians were among the peacekeepers of the world who were collectively awarded for their service in UN missions; this inspired Canada to establish its own Canadian Peacekeeping Service Medal (CPSM), now proudly worn by many veterans.
- The first Peace Dollar was struck in the United States in December 1921 to commemorate world peace after the First World War, and just over a million coins bearing a 1921 date were issued. It was minted every year until 1928, and again in 1934 and 1935; in 1965, the Denver Mint struck over 316,000 1964-dated Peace Dollars but these were never issued.
This coin is encapsulated and presented in a black Royal Canadian Mint-branded clamshell with a black beauty box.
|Royal Canadian Mint|
We make sure your metals are handled with the utmost care until the moment they reach your hands.
Your order will be packed within 2 business days of cleared payment. Orders with pre-sale items will ship once all items are in-stock.
Free shipping over $199
Orders over $199 ship for free! Orders under $199 ship for only $9.95.
Our trusted carriers
We ship via express courier or United States Postal Service. To ensure your complete confidence, every package we ship is fully insured and tracked, with a signature required upon delivery.
Every package we ship is fully insured. This means that you would receive a full refund or exchange in the extremely unlikely event that your package is lost or damaged during transit. Please remember to notify us of damage, tampering, or delivery issues within 24 hours of the signature or delivery date. Failure to notify us within this timeframe may impact our ability to cover your claim.
Up-to-the-minute transparent pricing with no hidden fees
Sell your metals back to us with ease
Tens of millions of dollars of in-stock inventory to fill an order of any size
We bring our heart to every moment of your buying experience
320,000 5-star reviews:
Earned from verified orders placed on our website
Safe & secure payments:
Explore our many easy ways to pay!
Fast secure shipping:
Every shipment is secure, discreet, and fully insured