Set of 5 x 2023 O Canada Gift Coins | Royal Canadian Mint
Buy with Confidence
Mark a special moment in a uniquely and wonderfully Canadian way.
Looking for a fun souvenir, an iconic Canadian gift, or an expression of love for this country? The O Canada Gift Card Set makes it easy to hold onto your memories of Canada in 2023. Inside the easy-to-mail, easy-to-display card are five 2023-dated Canadian non-circulation coins that offer a window into Canada’s character and natural heritage. One of those coins is an exclusive, special-themed $1 coin that combines two great Canadian icons—the moose and the maple leaf—on its reverse, where the proud pairing embodies Canada’s wild spirit and spaces.
An iconic Canadian gift set made for sharing! Order your O Canada Gift Card Set today!
As the Royal Canadian Mint focuses its attention on commemorating the reign of Queen Elizabeth II (1952-2022), the Mint will not be issuing any 2023-dated Canadian circulation coins featuring both the traditional reverse designs and an obverse featuring Queen Elizabeth II. Instead, they are offering a collector’s edition of these annual issues that have been struck in limited numbers. These are non-circulation coins, meaning they are legal tender but not intended for general circulation. The obverse also bears a special marking that includes four pearls symbolizing the four effigies that have graced Canadian coins and the double date of her reign.
- Quintessentially Canadian! Whether you’re marking a special occasion, starting a collection or looking for an iconic Canadian souvenir, hold onto your memories of 2023 with the O Canada Gift Card Set!
- Exceptionally rare! This is an easy way to acquire a 2023-dated version of the traditional reverse designs of Canadian coinage ($2, 25¢, 10¢, 5¢), in a year when these are only available as non-circulation coins.
- Mark the date! Each Gift Card Set features five (5) 2023-dated Canadian non-circulation coins: 5 cents, 10 cents, 25 cents and 2 dollars, including a special-themed one-dollar coin.
- A moose mascot for 2023! The $1 coin in each 2023 Gift Set (Baby, Birthday, Holiday and O Canada) features a fun moose design that reflects the theme and represents the spirit of Canada. The moose is a popular symbol of this country’s wildlife and wild spaces, and its antlers make it one of Canada’s most recognizable species!
- Limited mintage. Limited to 100,000 sets worldwide—order yours today!
A SET EXCLUSIVE
Instead of a classic Loonie, the $1 coin in this set features the moose and the maple leaf—a proudly Canadian pairing! The playfully patriotic coin is a set exclusive—it was specially struck for the 2023 O Canada Gift Set and is not available on its own.
The obverse of the five non-circulation coins features a marking that includes four pearls symbolizing the four effigies of Queen Elizabeth II that have graced Canadian coins and the double date of her reign.
MADE FOR SHARING
Perfect for in-person gift-giving, sharing, or even sending abroad. Need to mail it? A custom-designed envelope is enclosed for your convenience.
DID YOU KNOW?
- Family portrait time! This set features two members of the deer family, each on a different coin. The moose ($1) is the largest member of the family, and it’s a lot bigger than the caribou (seen on the 25-cent non-circulation coin): a bull (male) moose can weigh 400-600 kilograms, while the caribou weighs up to 180 kilograms.
- A forest-dwelling herbivore, the moose eats a variety of plants and foliage (even maple leaves) throughout the warmer months, and mostly twigs, tree bark and shrubs during the winter.
DESIGN & ARTIST
The O Canada Gift Card Set’s exclusive $1 non-circulation coin features a reverse design by Canadian artist Steve Hepburn. A playfully patriotic representation of Canada, the design depicts a moose surrounded by maple leaves—including the national flag’s stylized maple leaf, which appears on the banner strung across the moose’s antlers. The obverse features the effigy of Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt. The obverse also bears a special marking that includes four pearls symbolizing the four effigies that have graced Canadian coins during her reign and the double date of her reign.
ABOUT THE ROYAL CANADIAN MINT
The Royal Canadian Mint is known as one of the most reputable mints in the world. The Ottawa Branch of the Royal Mint opened in 1908 and was renamed The Royal Canadian Mint in 1931 when control was transferred to the Canadian government. The Royal Canadian Mint is renowned for producing some of the highest quality and purity of gold and silver bullion coins and bars in the world. Their high standards for excellence and quality allowed them to be the first refinery to manufacture 9999 fine gold bullion coins in 1982, as well as the first to reach 99999 fine gold purity in 1999.
|Royal Canadian Mint|
|CAD 2 | CAD 1 | CAD 0.25 | CAD 0.10 | CAD 0.05|
We make sure your metals are handled with the utmost care until the moment they reach your hands.
Your order will be packed within 2 business days of cleared payment. Orders with pre-sale items will ship once all items are in-stock.
Free shipping over $199
Orders over $199 ship for free! Orders under $199 ship for only $9.95.
Our trusted carriers
We ship via express courier or United States Postal Service. To ensure your complete confidence, every package we ship is fully insured and tracked, with a signature required upon delivery.
Every package we ship is fully insured. This means that you would receive a full refund or exchange in the extremely unlikely event that your package is lost or damaged during transit. Please remember to notify us of damage, tampering, or delivery issues within 24 hours of the signature or delivery date. Failure to notify us within this timeframe may impact our ability to cover your claim.
Up-to-the-minute transparent pricing with no hidden fees
Sell your metals back to us with ease
Tens of millions of dollars of in-stock inventory to fill an order of any size
We bring our heart to every moment of your buying experience
320,000 5-star reviews:
Earned from verified orders placed on our website
Safe & secure payments:
Explore our many easy ways to pay!
Fast secure shipping:
Every shipment is secure, discreet, and fully insured