Set of 5 x Celebrating Oscar Peterson Keepsake Card Commemorative Coins | Royal Canadian Mint
Buy with Confidence
Bring the magic of Oscar Peterson into your collection.
He was one of the greatest pianists the world has ever seen, and Canada is proud to call him one of our own. Throughout his extraordinary six-decade career, Oscar Peterson (1925-2007)—beloved pianist, composer, educator and advocate—kept audiences spellbound through his displays of virtuosity and musicality. The Celebrating Oscar Peterson commemorative one-dollar coin is a joyous tribute to the legendary artist, and you’ll find two different versions of it in this Keepsake Card: a non-colour piece; and one with Peterson’s favourite colour, purple.
An easy, affordable way to get both versions of the Oscar Peterson $1 coin.
- Canada celebrates Oscar Peterson! Piano virtuoso. Jazz legend. Composer, educator and advocate. Celebrate the extraordinary life, work and legacy of Canada’s Oscar Peterson (1925-2007) and his exceptional contributions to Canadian music and culture, as well as his reputation as one of the world’s most respected and influential jazz artists of all time.
- Two commemorative $1 coins! Includes two versions of the 2022 Celebrating Oscar Peterson commemorative $1 coin: a non-colour piece, and one with selective colour.
- Symbolic colour! The colour-enhanced $1 coin features Oscar Peterson’s favourite colour: purple. The colourful accent infuses our tribute with a little of his personality, and conveys the joy and love of music that were evident in every performance.
- Seven coins in one set! In addition to the two Celebrating Oscar Peterson commemorative $1 coins, the set contains five 2022-dated classic circulation coins: $2, $1, 25-cent, 10-cent and 5-cent coins (one of each). A total of seven (7) Canadian circulation coins in one set!
- Presentation ready! All seven coins are packaged together in a colourful, fact-filled collector card for easy viewing.
- Collect or share! A great addition to any collection, especially if you’re a music lover!
DID YOU KNOW?
- Oscar Peterson composed Hymn to Freedom in 1962, and the instrumental song is the last track on his 1963 album, Night Train. After the album’s release, lyrics were added and the song was adopted as an anthem of the civil rights movement in the United States. It continues to be performed by concert bands and choirs worldwide, and in 2009, it was played at former U.S. President Barack Obama’s first inauguration—a testament to the song’s lasting power and emotional resonance.
DESIGN & ARTIST
About the Celebrating Oscar Peterson $1 Coin
Designed by Canadian artist Valentine De Landro, the reverse celebrates the life and legacy of Oscar Peterson (1925-2007), one of the greatest pianists of all time. It features a depiction of the musician seated at his piano, playing his powerful civil rights anthem Hymn to Freedom, while musical notes and chord symbols from that piece also appear in the design. On the $1 coin with selective colour, Peterson’s favourite colour (purple) conveys the joy and love of music that were evident every time he played. The obverse features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt.
These coins come packaged in a colourful, fact-filled, ready-to-display collector card!
ABOUT THE ROYAL CANADIAN MINT
The Royal Canadian Mint is known as one of the most reputable mints in the world. The Ottawa Branch of the Royal Mint opened in 1908 and was renamed The Royal Canadian Mint in 1931 when control was transferred to the Canadian government. The Royal Canadian Mint is renowned for producing some of the highest quality and purity of gold and silver bullion coins and bars in the world. Their high standards for excellence and quality allowed them to be the first refinery to manufacture 9999 fine gold bullion coins in 1982, as well as the first to reach 99999 fine gold purity in 1999.
|Royal Canadian Mint|
We make sure your metals are handled with the utmost care until the moment they reach your hands.
Your order will be packed within 2 business days of cleared payment. Orders with pre-sale items will ship once all items are in-stock.
Free shipping over $199
Orders over $199 ship for free! Orders under $199 ship for only $9.95.
Our trusted carriers
We ship via express courier or United States Postal Service. To ensure your complete confidence, every package we ship is fully insured and tracked, with a signature required upon delivery.
Every package we ship is fully insured. This means that you would receive a full refund or exchange in the extremely unlikely event that your package is lost or damaged during transit. Please remember to notify us of damage, tampering, or delivery issues within 24 hours of the signature or delivery date. Failure to notify us within this timeframe may impact our ability to cover your claim.
Up-to-the-minute transparent pricing with no hidden fees
Sell your metals back to us with ease
Tens of millions of dollars of in-stock inventory to fill an order of any size
We bring our heart to every moment of your buying experience
320,000 5-star reviews:
Earned from verified orders placed on our website
Safe & secure payments:
Explore our many easy ways to pay!
Fast secure shipping:
Every shipment is secure, discreet, and fully insured
Secure Your Future with Precious Metals IRA
Building a Brighter Tomorrow:
Diversify your IRA/401k with gold and silver, providing stability to your investment portfolio.
From account setup to selecting IRA-approved metals and coordinating secure storage in the USA, we offer a comprehensive service.
Transparency and Full Ownership:
Our transparent pricing policy ensures no hidden fees, and your investment in physical bullion is held securely on your behalf.
Diverse Investment Options:
Select from a variety of LBMA or COMEX-approved bullion, including gold, silver, platinum, and palladium.
Flexible Storage Options:
Choose your preferred storage location across the USA for fully insured storage of your metals.
Our team assists with every step, from setting up your IRA account to finalizing purchases, ensuring a hassle-free experience.
BOOK FREE CONSULTATION
Security and Convenience in Every Transaction
Your investments are protected in Brink's vaults, complete with armed guards and 24/7 surveillance. Each deposit is fully insured by Lloyd's of London, ensuring peace of mind.
Global Reach, Local Service:
With over $150 million in customer deposits across 6 locations in 4 countries, we offer unmatched service and accessibility.
Transparent and Low Rates:
Benefit from the lowest rates with 24/7 account balance updates, ensuring transparency at every step.
Through our Instant Liquidity program, expect the best rates and funds transfer within 1 business day.
Your holdings are confidential with us, thanks to our partnership with private entities like Silver Gold Depository, Lloyd's of London, and Brink's.