Set of 7 x 2021 100th Anniversary of Bluenose Commemorative Collector Coins | Royal Canadian Mint
Buy with Confidence
A Bluenose centennial celebration. Order today!
Be part of the celebration! Canada’s 2021 10-cent coin commemorates the 100th anniversary of the launch of Bluenose, the famous Nova Scotia schooner that has graced Canada's 10-cent coins since 1937. The 2021 commemorative dime is available as either a struck-only or coloured coin (it’s RCM first coloured dime), but both are included in this keepsake collection of Canadian circulation coins.
The 2021 commemorative dime is available as either a struck-only or coloured coin (it’s our first coloured dime), but both are included in this keepsake collection of Canadian circulation coins.
A loving tribute to the ship that captured a nation’s heart and lifted its spirit. Order today!
- A 100-YEAR LEGACY! The year 2021 marked the 100th anniversary of the launch of Bluenose, the pride of Nova Scotia and a Canadian icon! The centennial is commemorated on Canada’s 2021 10-cent circulation coin, which is twice featured in this set.
- FIRST COLOURED DIME! This keepsake set includes two versions of the 2021 10-cent Bluenose coin. Both share the same design, but the coloured coin highlights the deep blue sea.
- A MODERN TAKE ON A CLASSIC! The 10-cent coin’s reverse offers a modern take on the classic Bluenose portrait that has been a fixture on Canada’s 10-cent circulation coin since 1937.
- A STORY WITHIN A STORY! This is the second chapter of a story that continued on several coins in 2021. It’s part of a yearlong celebration of Bluenose’s journey, from design to launch and throughout its racing years, as well as the schooner’s enduring legacy.
- READY TO DISPLAY! All seven coins in this set come packaged in a ready-to-display collector card, which adds to the story told on the 10-cent coins.
- YOUR 2021 CIRCULATION COINS: This keepsake features seven (7) Canadian circulation coins issued in 2021:
- PRIDE OF LUNENBURG, N.S.: Artist Yves Bérubé, who also designed the 2021 Proof Dollar, is based in Lunenburg, N.S., where Bluenose was proudly built, launched and moored until 1942.
ABOUT THE 10-CENT COIN
The reverse design by Canadian marine artist Yves Bérubé is double dated (“1921 - 2021”) to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the launch of Canada’s most famous ship. The engraved portrait shows Bluenose under full sail and heeled to port on the open ocean, which is painted blue on the coloured coin. The obverse features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt.
“As I look out of my studio window, I glimpse Bluenose II and take a moment to imagine how it might have been for the Bluenose crew during the voyage home. As bearers of perhaps yet another trophy, the pride felt by the crew and Captain Angus Walters must have been enormous! In Lunenburg Harbour, they would have been greeted by cheering crowds of people who were proud of the crew’s accomplishments and happy to see them home, safe and sound. I worked to capture some of that sentiment in this design.” - Yves Bérubé
DID YOU KNOW?
- There was nothing blue about Bluenose—the ship’s hull was painted black and red with a yellow strip. “Bluenose” is a nickname for Nova Scotians, and the use of the term dates back to at least 1785.
- Seven other ships bore the name Bluenose before the famous schooner, and all were built in New Brunswick or Nova Scotia shipyards.
- A newly built Bluenose was launched with great fanfare on March 26, 1921. But Bluenose was the star of another special event that took place three months prior, when the Duke of Devonshire (then Governor General of Canada) was invited to drive a golden spike in a formal keel-laying ceremony.
- An easy and affordable way to add Canada’s 2021 circulation coins—including both versions of the Bluenose commemorative dime—to your collection.
ABOUT THE ROYAL CANADIAN MINT
The Royal Canadian Mint is known as one of the most reputable mints in the world. The Ottawa Branch of the Royal Mint opened in 1908 and was renamed The Royal Canadian Mint in 1931 when control was transferred to the Canadian government. The Royal Canadian Mint is renowned for producing some of the highest quality and purity of gold and silver bullion coins and bars in the world. Their high standards for excellence and quality allowed them to be the first refinery to manufacture 9999 fine gold bullion coins in 1982, as well as the first to reach 99999 fine gold purity in 1999.
Please note that these are circulation coins in brilliant and uncirculated condition and contain no precious metal content.
|Royal Canadian Mint|
We make sure your metals are handled with the utmost care until the moment they reach your hands.
Your order will be packed within 2 business days of cleared payment. Orders with pre-sale items will ship once all items are in-stock.
Free shipping over $199
Orders over $199 ship for free! Orders under $199 ship for only $9.95.
Our trusted carriers
We ship via express courier or United States Postal Service. To ensure your complete confidence, every package we ship is fully insured and tracked, with a signature required upon delivery.
Every package we ship is fully insured. This means that you would receive a full refund or exchange in the extremely unlikely event that your package is lost or damaged during transit. Please remember to notify us of damage, tampering, or delivery issues within 24 hours of the signature or delivery date. Failure to notify us within this timeframe may impact our ability to cover your claim.
Up-to-the-minute transparent pricing with no hidden fees
Sell your metals back to us with ease
Tens of millions of dollars of in-stock inventory to fill an order of any size
We bring our heart to every moment of your buying experience
300,000 5-star reviews:
Earned from verified orders placed on our website
Safe & secure payments:
Explore our many easy ways to pay!
Fast secure shipping:
Every shipment is secure, discreet, and fully insured