Set of 7 x 2021 Royal Canadian Mint 100th Anniversary of the Bluenose Silver Dollar Coins | Royal Canadian Mint
Buy with Confidence
This year's seven-piece Special Edition Silver Dollar set features a brilliant uncirculated version of the 2021 Bluenose Proof Dollar, and it's only available as part of the set. A traditional BU (brilliant uncirculated) finish is a classical approach to the legendary schooner and the effigy of King George V. This effigy appeared on all Canadian coins issued in 1921, the year Bluenose was launched and captured the International Fishermen's Trophy.
Bluenose centennial anniversary extends to the set's 10-cent coin, which is double dated and features the effigy of King George VI—just like the first Bluenose dime issued in 1937. Order today!
- PART OF THE BLUENOSE ANNIVERSARY COLLECTION: The 2021 Special Edition Silver Dollar Set is part of a year-long celebration of the 100th anniversary of Bluenose.
- A TRADITIONAL, CLASSICAL FINISH: The featured star, the BU dollar, is struck in 99.99% pure silver with a classic, brilliant uncirculated finish. The coin is exclusive to this set and is not available on its own.
- TWO BLUENOSE COINS IN ONE SET: The 100th anniversary of Bluenose is also celebrated on the double-dated 10-cent coin.
- THREE DIFFERENT EFFIGIES: Three of the seven coins in this set feature obverse designs from the past. The BU dollar features the effigy of King George V from 1921, the year Bluenose was launched, while the 10-cent coin features the effigy of King George VI from 1937.
- EVERY DENOMINATION IN CIRCULATION IS REPRESENTED IN THIS SET: Including the unique, double-dated 10-cent piece.
- READY FOR REPEAT VIEWINGS: Your set's book-style packaging allows you to showcase these coins with pride.
- INCLUDES SERIALIZED CERTIFICATE: The Royal Canadian Mint certifies all of its collector coins.
- LIMITED MINTAGE: Only 30,000 sets are available worldwide.
Coin design: Designed by Canadian marine artist Yves Bérubé, your BU dollar's reverse travels back in time to see naval architect William James Roué (1879-1970) completing his design for the legendary Bluenose schooner. The first-person perspective is flat frosted to distinguish between Roué's vision and the inspiring sight of a traditional, brilliant uncirculated Bluenose under full sail. As an added tribute, W.J. Roué’s signature is included, as it appeared on the original Bluenose sail plan. The obverse features the effigy of King George V by Sir E. B. MacKennal.
"It doesn't matter which part of Canada you were from, Bluenose represented us all — and still does. I can't imagine a Canada without Bluenose. I spent a good part of my life at sea, and so did my family. For me, Bluenose is more than just a ship; Bluenose is a proud, beautiful symbol of history and tradition on the East Coast, where it represents every sailor, fisherman and shipbuilder." Yves Bérubé: Artist
ABOUT THE ROYAL CANADIAN MINT
The Royal Canadian Mint is known as one of the most reputable mints in the world. The Ottawa Branch of the Royal Mint opened in 1908 and was renamed The Royal Canadian Mint in 1931 when control was transferred to the Canadian government. The Royal Canadian Mint is renowned for producing some of the highest quality and purity of gold and silver bullion coins and bars in the world. Their high standards for excellence and quality allowed them to be the first refinery to manufacture 9999 fine gold bullion coins in 1982, as well as the first to reach 99999 fine gold purity in 1999.
|Royal Canadian Mint|
We make sure your metals are handled with the utmost care until the moment they reach your hands.
Your order will be packed within 2 business days of cleared payment. Orders with pre-sale items will ship once all items are in-stock.
Free shipping over $199
Orders over $199 ship for free! Orders under $199 ship for only $9.95.
Our trusted carriers
We ship via express courier or United States Postal Service. To ensure your complete confidence, every package we ship is fully insured and tracked, with a signature required upon delivery.
Every package we ship is fully insured. This means that you would receive a full refund or exchange in the extremely unlikely event that your package is lost or damaged during transit. Please remember to notify us of damage, tampering, or delivery issues within 24 hours of the signature or delivery date. Failure to notify us within this timeframe may impact our ability to cover your claim.
Up-to-the-minute transparent pricing with no hidden fees
Sell your metals back to us with ease
Tens of millions of dollars of in-stock inventory to fill an order of any size
We bring our heart to every moment of your buying experience
320,000 5-star reviews:
Earned from verified orders placed on our website
Safe & secure payments:
Explore our many easy ways to pay!
Fast secure shipping:
Every shipment is secure, discreet, and fully insured