Set of 7 x 2022 Alexander Graham Bell: Great Inventor Proof Silver and Uncirculated Coins | Royal Canadian Mint
Buy with Confidence
A portrait of an innovative spirit: The 2022 Special Edition Silver Dollar celebrates the legacy of Alexander Graham Bell.
A dedication to understanding the world around him and an ability to envision a brighter future were the driving forces of Alexander Graham Bell’s (1847-1922) life. In honour of the 175th anniversary of his birth, the 2022 Proof Dollar celebrates Bell’s lifelong commitment to science, innovation and ingenuity. This set’s proof dollar features a portrait-only (no word art) version of the reverse design that reunites the inventor with the invention he is most famous for, the telephone. Bell conceived the idea for his “electric telephone” while in Canada, and it would revolutionize communications and shape our modern world.
Celebrate Alexander Graham Bell’s legacy of innovation with this 2022 Special Edition Silver Dollar Proof Set.
- Your special edition silver dollar for 2022. The 2022 Special Edition Silver Proof Dollar celebrates the legacy of Alexander Graham Bell, and it is exclusive to this set—it is not available on its own.
- A Canadian celebration of innovation. The year 2022 marks the 175TH anniversary of the birth of Alexander Graham Bell (1847-1922), the great inventor whose interests and inventions had a profound impact on our modern world—and many of those advancements were made in Canada.
- An 1876 telephone. The telephone is the invention that made Bell world-famous, and the one that paved the way for his other contributions to science and technology. This set’s proof dollar features a depiction of his experimental model from 1876, plus a reproduction of Bell’s signature.
- Limited mintage. Only 30,000 sets are available worldwide.
- Includes serialized certificate. The Royal Canadian Mint certifies all of its collector coins.
Your Special Edition Silver Dollar Proof Set is presented in Royal Canadian Mint-branded, book-style packaging with a removable lens for easy viewing.
A SPECIAL THEME FOR 2022
The Alexander Graham Bell: Great Inventor commemorative collection highlights Bell’s achievements across several coins in 2022, including this set’s 99.99% pure silver proof dollar.
INCLUDES THE 50-CENT COIN
Every Canadian denomination of circulation coinage is represented in this set—even our elusive 50-cent piece.
Your set comes in book-style packaging made of genuine leather for a touch of timeless sophistication.
DID YOU KNOW?
- The standard unit for measuring the intensity of sound waves or noise levels, bel, is named after Bell. The decibel (dBA)— one-tenth of a bel—describes the sounds that our ears can hear, from a whisper (30 dBA) to loud noises that could lead to hearing loss over time (80-110 dBA).
- The study of speech and sounds captured Bell’s interest from an early age. Bell’s mother and wife were both deaf, while his father and grandfather were well-known elocution experts, and this profoundly influenced his life’s work; in addition to the “electric telephone,” Bell invented the audiometer to help detect hearing problems, and he continued to work on sound-based projects after the telephone.
DESIGN AND ARTIST
Designed by Canadian artist and RCM translation and official languages specialist Armand Nina, the proof dollar’s reverse features a portrait of inventor Alexander Graham Bell (1847-1922).
An experimental model of Bell’s most famous contribution to science and technology, the telephone, appears to the left of the inventor, while Bell’s signature appears near the rim. The reverse includes the word “CANADA”, the face value, “DOLLAR” and the year “2022”. The obverse features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt.
“A coin is a memorable, tangible symbol of a sovereign nation. To have my initials engraved on this precious metal coin from Canada’s flagship Mint really fills me with a sense of achievement in the service of my employer and of the magnificent country that welcomed me as an immigrant 31 years ago, just as it welcomed Alexander Graham Bell 152 years ago.” ARMAND NINA, ARTIST Ed Grosvenor, Historian and Bell descendent
“Alexander Graham Bell combined a spirit of innovation with deep humanitarian instincts, from first conceiving the telephone in Brantford, to helping build the first airplane in Canada and the world’s fastest ship (the hydrofoil). While he kept on inventing and teaching until the last week of his life, he still had time to found the first Canadian Montessori school with his wife Mabel, support women’s rights and organize protests against racial segregation.” ED GROSVENOR, HISTORIAN AND BELL DESCENDENT
ABOUT THE ROYAL CANADIAN MINT
The Royal Canadian Mint is known as one of the most reputable mints in the world. The Ottawa Branch of the Royal Mint opened in 1908 and was renamed The Royal Canadian Mint in 1931 when control was transferred to the Canadian government. The Royal Canadian Mint is renowned for producing some of the highest quality and purity of gold and silver bullion coins and bars in the world. Their high standards for excellence and quality allowed them to be the first refinery to manufacture 9999 fine gold bullion coins in 1982, as well as the first to reach 99999 fine gold purity in 1999.
|Royal Canadian Mint|
|CAD 1 | CAD 2 | CAD 1 | CAD 0.50 | CAD 0.25 | CAD 0.10 | CAD 0.05|
|36.07 | 28.03 | 26.50 | 27.13 | 23.88 | 18.05 | 21.24|
We make sure your metals are handled with the utmost care until the moment they reach your hands.
Your order will be packed within 2 business days of cleared payment. Orders with pre-sale items will ship once all items are in-stock.
Free shipping over $199
Orders over $199 ship for free! Orders under $199 ship for only $9.95.
Our trusted carriers
We ship via express courier or United States Postal Service. To ensure your complete confidence, every package we ship is fully insured and tracked, with a signature required upon delivery.
Every package we ship is fully insured. This means that you would receive a full refund or exchange in the extremely unlikely event that your package is lost or damaged during transit. Please remember to notify us of damage, tampering, or delivery issues within 24 hours of the signature or delivery date. Failure to notify us within this timeframe may impact our ability to cover your claim.
Up-to-the-minute transparent pricing with no hidden fees
Sell your metals back to us with ease
Tens of millions of dollars of in-stock inventory to fill an order of any size
We bring our heart to every moment of your buying experience
320,000 5-star reviews:
Earned from verified orders placed on our website
Safe & secure payments:
Explore our many easy ways to pay!
Fast secure shipping:
Every shipment is secure, discreet, and fully insured