1/4 oz 2021 Royal Canadian Mint | Moments to Hold: 100th Anniversary of the Arms of Canada Silver Coin
Buy with Confidence
Celebrate the 100th Anniversary of the Arms of Canada. Order today. A centennial celebration! It was 100 years ago, in 1921, that our nation was assigned its most distinguished emblem: the Arms of Canada. Few symbols or icons carry as much historic and symbolic weight as our armorial bearings, for even on its centennial, Canada's coat of arms remains a timeless symbol of sovereignty, of tradition. It inspires pride by reminding us of our identity and history wherever the emblem appears, from passports to proclamations, and now, on this fine silver coin.
New to coin collecting? Start here! Coin #1 is a piece of history that you can hold in your hand and cherish as part of your memories of 2021. Order today!
- HOLD ONTO YOUR MEMORIES OF 2021: This is Coin #1 of a four-part compilation series that is your essential set for 2021.
- SPECIAL PACKAGING: Your coin comes in a colourful and informative folder with a removable coin capsule for easy access – just pop the capsule out of the folder for a closer look at your coin.
- START HERE: Whether you're new to coin collecting or want to share your hobby with others, this is a great starting point or gift! It is one of the Royal Canadian Mint's most affordable pure silver coins, and its design will serve as a long-lasting reminder of key moments in 2021.
Design: Your coin's reverse features the current design of the Canada Coat of Arms drawn by Cathy Bursey-Sabourin, Fraser Herald at the Canadian Heraldic Authority. The obverse features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt.
"I am proud to be Canadian. This collection, beginning with the Coat of Arms, is a reminder of our proud heritage, as well as the moments that have defined us." Libby Sim, Product Manager
Did you know…
- This emblem is commonly referred to as the Arms of Canada. Did you know it is actually The Queen's coat of arms for use in Canada, more formally referred to as the Armorial Bearings of Her Majesty The Queen in Right of Canada?
- It has been modified three times since 1921.
- In 1923, the Government of Canada requested a painting from the College of Arms. This was the design used for governmental purposes until 1957.
- Alan Beddoe, a heraldic designer and artist, re-drew the Arms in 1957 to feature a modified Royal Crown that resembled St. Edward's Crown, and in the shield, a sprig of red maple leaves.
- The current design was drawn by Cathy Bursey-Sabourin, Fraser Herald at the Canadian Heraldic Authority, and was approved in 1994. It includes an annulus behind the shield bearing the motto of the Order of Canada, Desiderantes Meliorem Patriam ("They desire a better country").
- This isn't the first coin to feature the Arms of Canada. Different versions have appeared on nearly every 50-cent coin issued since 1937.
|Royal Canadian Mint
|Cathy Bursey-Sabourin (reverse), Susanna Blunt (obverse)
We make sure your metals are handled with the utmost care until the moment they reach your hands.
Your order will be packed within 2 business days of cleared payment. Orders with pre-sale items will ship once all items are in-stock.
Free shipping over $199
Orders over $199 ship for free! Orders under $199 ship for only $9.95.
Our trusted carriers
We ship via express courier or United States Postal Service. To ensure your complete confidence, every package we ship is fully insured and tracked, with a signature required upon delivery.
Every package we ship is fully insured. This means that you would receive a full refund or exchange in the extremely unlikely event that your package is lost or damaged during transit. Please remember to notify us of damage, tampering, or delivery issues within 24 hours of the signature or delivery date. Failure to notify us within this timeframe may impact our ability to cover your claim.
Up-to-the-minute transparent pricing with no hidden fees
Sell your metals back to us with ease
Tens of millions of dollars of in-stock inventory to fill an order of any size
We bring our heart to every moment of your buying experience
320,000 5-star reviews:
Earned from verified orders placed on our website
Safe & secure payments:
Explore our many easy ways to pay!
Fast secure shipping:
Every shipment is secure, discreet, and fully insured
Secure Your Future with Precious Metals IRA
Building a Brighter Tomorrow:
Diversify your IRA/401k with gold and silver, providing stability to your investment portfolio.
From account setup to selecting IRA-approved metals and coordinating secure storage in the USA, we offer a comprehensive service.
Transparency and Full Ownership:
Our transparent pricing policy ensures no hidden fees, and your investment in physical bullion is held securely on your behalf.
Diverse Investment Options:
Select from a variety of LBMA or COMEX-approved bullion, including gold, silver, platinum, and palladium.
Flexible Storage Options:
Choose your preferred storage location across the USA for fully insured storage of your metals.
Our team assists with every step, from setting up your IRA account to finalizing purchases, ensuring a hassle-free experience.
BOOK FREE CONSULTATION
Security and Convenience in Every Transaction
Your investments are protected in Brink's vaults, complete with armed guards and 24/7 surveillance. Each deposit is fully insured by Lloyd's of London, ensuring peace of mind.
Global Reach, Local Service:
With over $150 million in customer deposits across 6 locations in 4 countries, we offer unmatched service and accessibility.
Transparent and Low Rates:
Benefit from the lowest rates with 24/7 account balance updates, ensuring transparency at every step.
Through our Instant Liquidity program, expect the best rates and funds transfer within 1 business day.
Your holdings are confidential with us, thanks to our partnership with private entities like Silver Gold Depository, Lloyd's of London, and Brink's.